Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

there's been a bit of speculation about lewis dunk moving to a bigger club

Armchair Loyalist

Jul 26, 2004
Chelsea join Arsenal in the race for Brighton's Lewis Dunk
Chelsea have joined London rivals Arsenal and Fulham in making checks on highly rated Brighton centre back Lewis Dunk, after the 19-year-old established himself as first choice for Gus Poyet 's Seagulls.

Dunk in a product of the Brighton Academy system and rose through the ranks quickly, being named skipper of the Under-18's at 17 and earning a reputation as a bullish, no nonsense defender.

Poyet turned to the youngster eight times last season, as Brighton claimed the League One title, and with it, a place in the Championship.

However, following a raft of injuries to key personal, including Adam El- Abd and Tommy Elphick , Dunk has established himself as first choice alongside captain Gordon Greer, in a Brighton back line that has helped sustain the club's push up the table.

Arsenal and Fulham had scouts watching Dunk in last weeks Carling Cup defeat to Liverpool at the Amex , and Chelsea, who have followed the prospect through the ranks, made checks of their own in Friday's thrilling 3-3 draw with Leeds United.

Brighton boss Poyet is trying to build a squad capable of a promotion push, but its thought an offer of around £5 million would be enough to tempt him into selling, while the offer of Reserve team players on loan could help sweeten the deal.

All interested parties are expected to make further scouting trips in the coming weeks.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/876686-chelsea-join-arsenal-in-the-race-for-brightons-lewis-dunk#ixzz1Z5YvAhQq

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A red top suggested Villa and Fulham looking at him for about £1.5m. He would possibly get into their sides regularly and as Cahill is expected to go for between £7m and £10m I doubt that we would get any more than £3m for him. With £3m Gus could buy 2 very good championship players. We desperately need a defender that can win the ball in the air at the back and then get some distance on the header not just nod it up and about 4 yds forward.

Last edited:

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Isn't he out of contract end of this season?
Gus probably needs to get that sorted out soon...

That's what I thought I read quite a while ago probably over the summer.

Keep him I say ridiculous to sell him for some of the cheap prices quoted on him. Only serious offers please will soon be England u21 like Gus said. Definitely England prospect a defender that can play as well as defend. All teams want them. Yeah only a few games but good mom material in many of those.

Sol Bamba was quality but dunkie can play forward.

zoogull

zoogull
May 29, 2008
Herstmonceux
3 to 4 Million, with add ons for U21 and full honours, but none of these crappy sell-on clauses. As Spurs showed with the Zamora deal, they don't work.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
"Arsenal and Fulham had scouts watching Dunk in last weeks Carling Cup defeat to Liverpool at the Amex"

I wonder how they felt he did :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope the scouts are there tomorrrow night. I hope that I am wrong but I think that he will have a very difficult time against Murray not on the ground as that is his strength but I think GM will beat him in the air as that is his strength and Dunk's weaker point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here