Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There's an Electrical Storm (apparently)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just got back from hove seafront. Absolutely incredible scenes. It looked as though someone was shooting fireworks into the clouds!

Years ago sailing into barcelona, we saw this similar bolt and flickering lightening with no sound. Just incredible and went on for about five hours!

Amazing

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Anyone seen this incredible cloud to east of Brighton now giving off constant lightening. Bizarre, never seen anything like it.

That'll be a super cell out to sea. Took this picture of one forming yesterday over the Downs; lot of energy in that cloud.

IMG_3105.jpg

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
From those videos, looks like the sort of storm you get here in the summer evenings. I have never seen anything like them in the UK either. They are beautiful from a distance, not much fun if the lightning is striking land near you. Some strikes even 2 or 3 kms away rattle the windows of the house.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just driven from Haywards Heath to Burgess Hill, absolutely spectacular lightning show off to the East. Very much like that we had a few weeks back.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Could see it from Horam, reminds me of the The war of the world film

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
We've got nothing in Reigate at the moment but we had a real nasty storm very early this morning.
I was woken up at 1am with monsoon like rain outside,vivid sheet lightning and earth shattering thunder which sounded right overhead. I haven't seen lightning quite as intense since a trip to the States many years ago
Lasted for about 30 minutes

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We've got nothing in Reigate at the moment but we had a real nasty storm very early this morning.
I was woken up at 1am with monsoon like rain outside,vivid sheet lightning and earth shattering thunder which sounded right overhead. I haven't seen lightning quite as intense since a trip to the States many years ago
Lasted for about 30 minutes

Same in mid Sussex. First clap of thunder was immense

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Was rather fun in Hailsham this evening.....I was an Assistant Ref for a football match. Luckily we avoided the heavy rain only a couple of miles away in Polegate and Eastbourne.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here