Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
our business this window has been very mellow. if we want to avoid our mid season slump again we really need to bolster the ranks. Get on with it! We've made 2 signings which equal less than £1m plus whatever signing on fee we gave AL

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
We're going into The Jannsen Zone again this year, arn't we ?

Hardly. The window is open for a while yet.

We have a better team than we ended last season with imo.

People need to be patient. We have to be spot on with our recruitment. DON'T PANIC!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hardly. The window is open for a while yet.

We have a better team than we ended last season with imo.

People need to be patient. We have to be spot on with our recruitment. DON'T PANIC!!
3 1/2 weeks left. That will very quickly become 3 1/2 hours... and we are in Jannsen territory.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
3 1/2 weeks left. That will very quickly become 3 1/2 hours... and we are in Jannsen territory.

It's Naylors suggestions there is nothing bubbling/advanced or near completion that is a great concern. I'm happy enough without inbound yet, but having nothing in the pipeline is a worry.

A lot were assuming things in the bag or imminent, when Naylor suggests there's naff all.

All the while those around us at season end, got in decent enough attacking options, we have nothing and are by Naylors account, not even close to anything.

#TopTenPipeDreams

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Ffs Naylor . Unlikely to be this week then .

I know the window is open for 25 days but with 2 strikers you are not giving yourself the best chance for points in the first 4 games are you .

Still , remain hopeful someone will arrive before Chelsea to at least give us bench options .

Otherwise GP will prob be forced to go 1 up top until we bolster the attack .

We also may have to walk the injury and red card tightrope too .

Pretty mad for a prem side

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Maybe we will announce a new singing at the forum tonight in the style of an Under Siege Cake, hence the real reason why fans can’t attend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It's Naylors suggestions there is nothing bubbling/advanced or near completion that is a great concern. I'm happy enough without inbound yet, but having nothing in the pipeline is a worry.

A lot were assuming things in the bag or imminent, when Naylor suggests there's naff all.

All the while those around us at season end, got in decent enough attacking options, we have nothing and are by Naylors account, not even close to anything.

#TopTenPipeDreams

With respect. No-one on here knows what's in the pipeline!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Ffs Naylor . Unlikely to be this week then .

I know the window is open for 25 days but with 2 strikers you are not giving yourself the best chance for points in the first 4 games are you .

Still , remain hopeful someone will arrive before Chelsea to at least give us bench options .

Otherwise GP will prob be forced to go 1 up top until we bolster the attack .

We also may have to walk the injury and red card tightrope too .

Pretty mad for a prem side

.....and relax!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
ofc and hopefully there is something, but AN tweet suggests there's bugger all close, which is a tad concerning 4 days before our season starts

Naylor knows as much as the club tell him!

We will recruit. Plenty of time yet! The short pre season means later signings imo.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I've said before, I'm sadly resigned to us not signing the urgently-needed striker this transfer window; as in so many previous summers, having failed to sign the striker we all agree is urgently needed, we'll start the season making do with what we've got and urging other players to 'step up' and score a few goals, while trying to convince ourselves that we'll sign someone in January instead. Same old same old.

When we made a couple of quick signings after the end of the season, I thought we could aim for 12th or 13th this season with the addition of a decent striker, but if he now doesn't appear (as seems increasingly likely), I fear another season in a relegation dog-fight.

We'll again play plenty of games with 65% possession, but do nothing with it when we get near the opposition's penalty area; we'll draw games we really could and should have won, again.

I had been looking forward to some real progress and a few more wins this season, but now feel a bit 'meh'.

Last edited:

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
The Naylor tweets and the Telegraph piece make me think (maybe "hope" is a better word) that there's probably some serious Brewster convos happening.
But we haven't made a breakthrough on terms, and both teams are playing it cool to some extent.

Looks like a bit of musical chairs that involves Swansea, Brewster, Gyokeres.

Plus negotiations between the two most tight-lipped teams: Brighton and Liverpool.
Probably some real sticking points - loan or buy? buy back clause? etc.
Seems complicated.

No rush for Liverpool (unless they need the money for someone else).

[tweet]1299237502172246016[/tweet]

Sky Sports: https://www.skysports.com/football/...ring-selling-20-year-old-with-buy-back-clause

[tweet]1304027077570711553[/tweet]

[tweet]1303809523132641280[/tweet]

[tweet]1304079376166924291[/tweet]

Whilst it's frustrating, I do understand the stance regarding the unusual transfer window dates.
I'd rather have 8 months with a quality striker and LWB than 9 months with a Locadia.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Strange that they let Murray go if we have no one in the immediate pipeline. Strange, and not very sensible frankly.
Ok, so it's Naylor saying this, but if it is the case that we haven't, how can the club honestly feel that we go into the new season with just two centre forwards, of which one scored 3 goals last season. Even more the case when the two forwards often play together.
Now we all know that Murray isn't the answer, but you'd definitely keep him until you had a replacement that you were 99% sure would be coming.
I wonder if we have hit the buffers on more than the Nunez signing? Klopp was saying that he'd make a decision on Brewster after the International's. It now looks like he won't be making that decision until later in the window. I really hope that it's not a Brewster or bust scenario, as if that's the case then it is a disaster waiting to happen.
On the recent Licker/ Bedwetter poll I was in the Licker camp, but if ( and this is strongly caveated on the 'if') this story from Naylor is true then the plastic sheets are out tonight.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we are negotiating Brewster on a buy back clause I can only imagine it’s a very complicated process to get in writing a watertight contract that all parties have to agree to before signing.

My worry is that we have a record of being gazumped/ backing off when the price keeps going up when we make our interest public.

I want to be excited but nah, not going there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Strange that they let Murray go if we have no one in the immediate pipeline. Strange, and not very sensible frankly.
Ok, so it's Naylor saying this, but if it is the case that we haven't, how can the club honestly feel that we go into the new season with just two centre forwards, of which one scored 3 goals last season. Even more the case when the two forwards often play together.
Now we all know that Murray isn't the answer, but you'd definitely keep him until you had a replacement that you were 99% sure would be coming.
I wonder if we have hit the buffers on more than the Nunez signing? Klopp was saying that he'd make a decision on Brewster after the International's. It now looks like he won't be making that decision until later in the window. I really hope that it's not a Brewster or bust scenario, as if that's the case then it is a disaster waiting to happen.
On the recent Licker/ Bedwetter poll I was in the Licker camp, but if ( and this is strongly caveated on the 'if') this story from Naylor is true then the plastic sheets are out tonight.

Think back to last season. Two out of four forwards (Connolly was last season’s Gyorkes) were shipped out after the season had started. We can definitely go into this season with what we’ve got imo. We shouldn’t, but don’t write it off

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
If we are negotiating Brewster on a buy back clause I can only imagine it’s a very complicated process to get in writing a watertight contract that all parties have to agree to before signing.

My worry is that we have a record of being gazumped/ backing off when the price keeps going up when we make our interest public.

I want to be excited but nah, not going there.
I think it's the other way round. We want to loan Brewster, Liverpool want to sell. I think liverpool had agreed to it but have backed out now seeing if they can find a buyer.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I've said before, I'm sadly resigned to us not signing the urgently-needed striker this transfer window; as in so many previous summers, having failed to sign the striker we all agree is urgently needed, we'll start the season making do with what we've got and urging other players to 'step up' and score a few goals, while trying to convince ourselves that we'll sign someone in January instead. Same old same old.

When we made a couple of quick signings after the end of the season, I thought we could aim for 12th or 13th this season with the addition of a decent striker, but if he now doesn't appear (as seems increasingly likely), I fear another season in a relegation dog-fight.

We'll again play plenty of games with 65% possession, but do nothing with it when we get near the opposition's penalty area; we'll draw games we really could and should have won, again.

I had been looking forward to some real progress and a few more wins this season, but now feel a bit 'meh'.

I'll send some pampers through the post :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here