Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

JonnyCLately

Jan 16, 2018
Shoreham by sea
This in spades. We could naively and very publicly keep bidding on unproven players that a club repeatedly says they don't want to sell showing every selling club how much we're prepared to splash on any Tom, Dick or Ben, or we could, er, just say nowt. We always say nowt - would've thought all our fans would know this by now...................................

I think we do but it makes us all even more desperate for tit bits of info! We also feel two players shy of feeling significantly less nervous about relegation - I decent LWB and a Striker I think we start looking up the table and less so over our shoulder at the drop

NB I know if you're out of the top six and aren't Leicester or Everton you're only a season shy of relegation but you all know this right!!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Most non-UK players that would be likely signings are busy playing with their national teams/national U21 teams, so I think the chances of signing today are pretty slim.. much more likely on Monday or so.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That seems a good price, curious why we wouldn’t be in at that fee.

Yes, it seem like reasonable money. Perhaps Potter & crew thinks Watkins is too similar to Maupay & Connolly?

It wouldnt surprise if the answer comes when the wage is revealed though. Reports are saying that he will get £70000 a week and though this is just rumours, it wouldnt surprise me since they are quite... economically promiscuous.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Our biggest problem in the PL is not scoring enough goals.

We don't need a huge uptick but we do need another forward who'll put in another 10-15 otherwise I can see us struggling again if go through bad patches where we can't put any back of the net pressure on other teams.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Our biggest problem in the PL is not scoring enough goals.

We don't need a huge uptick but we do need another forward who'll put in another 10-15 otherwise I can see us struggling again if go through bad patches where we can't put any back of the net pressure on other teams.

Goal production from the strikers are at a similar level as a lot of better placed PL teams. When you score too little, the obvious solution always seem to be "get a new striker" and when you concede too much it always seems to be "get a new keeper". Quite often however, the solution in both directions actually comes down to what happens in the midfield. Brighton got the lowest scoring midfield/wing-backs in the league and not really producing assists en masse either.

That said, a new striker is needed, but someone who is guaranteed/almost guaranteed to score 10-15 goals... I doubt the club would be able to find one at a reasonable cost, these players go for massive money and have massive wages. More likely it will be a striker either that have the potential to one day turn into this 10-15 goal scorer, or that have a playing style (i.e. a target man) that could help the rest of the team to score more.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Nothing to say we haven’t had a bid accepted for Watkins either but wages may be the issue. Saying that I would have thought we would be offering £50k plus a week for our record signing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Goal production from the strikers are at a similar level as a lot of better placed PL teams. When you score too little, the obvious solution always seem to be "get a new striker" and when you concede too much it always seems to be "get a new keeper". Quite often however, the solution in both directions actually comes down to what happens in the midfield. Brighton got the lowest scoring midfield/wing-backs in the league and not really producing assists en masse either.

That said, a new striker is needed, but someone who is guaranteed/almost guaranteed to score 10-15 goals... I doubt the club would be able to find one at a reasonable cost, these players go for massive money and have massive wages. More likely it will be a striker either that have the potential to one day turn into this 10-15 goal scorer, or that have a playing style (i.e. a target man) that could help the rest of the team to score more.

A 10-15 goal striker isn't out of our range. Maupay proves that we can find it. We just need one that has different qualities to Maupay or Connolly.

Thus far we've not spent any great sum of money on a new recruit so realistically if our budget is around 40-50 million a player in that 25-30 million range could be possible if we don't have any other grand plans at other postions.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Vilmar Barrios ???

"Actor and musician Mikhail Boyarsky talked about the possible departure of Vilmar Barrios from the St. Petersburg "Zenith". The Colombian is wooed into the English "Brighton". Barrios allegedly seeks to change his club registration, it is very difficult for him to live in the Russian climate."

https://football24.ru/allnews/russi...il-o-vozmozhnom-uhode-barriosa-iz-zenita.html

Only if Pröpper / Stephens is off, presumably.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Vilmar Barrios ???

"Actor and musician Mikhail Boyarsky talked about the possible departure of Vilmar Barrios from the St. Petersburg "Zenith". The Colombian is wooed into the English "Brighton". Barrios allegedly seeks to change his club registration, it is very difficult for him to live in the Russian climate."

https://football24.ru/allnews/russi...il-o-vozmozhnom-uhode-barriosa-iz-zenita.html

The full translation (because Im bored)

Actor and musician Mikhail Boyarsky talked about the possible departure of Vilmar Barrios from the St. Petersburg "Zenith". The Colombian is wooed into the English "Brighton". Barrios allegedly seeks to change his club registration, it is very difficult for him to live in the Russian climate.

“I believe that the information about the possible departure from Zenit of Vilmar Barrios, which is news to me, is well known to the management of the club and even more so to Semak. I think that this command will not enter into confusion.

Of course, unexpected for me. But even if this is the case, I am sure that this will not affect the general climate at Zenit. This is already an established team and one player in it does not change anything. There are no irreplaceable artists or players. Therefore, if Barrios leaves, the St. Petersburg club will be able to find a full-fledged replacement, ”Boyarsky said.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Vilmar Barrios ???

Only if Pröpper / Stephens is off, presumably.

this would be a good transfer, very highly rated player. nearly signed for Chelsea couple of years ago.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
A 10-15 goal striker isn't out of our range. Maupay proves that we can find it. We just need one that has different qualities to Maupay or Connolly.

Thus far we've not spent any great sum of money on a new recruit so realistically if our budget is around 40-50 million a player in that 25-30 million range could be possible if we don't have any other grand plans at other postions.

100% this.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The full translation (because Im bored)

Actor and musician Mikhail Boyarsky talked about the possible departure of Vilmar Barrios from the St. Petersburg "Zenith". The Colombian is wooed into the English "Brighton". Barrios allegedly seeks to change his club registration, it is very difficult for him to live in the Russian climate.

“I believe that the information about the possible departure from Zenit of Vilmar Barrios, which is news to me, is well known to the management of the club and even more so to Semak. I think that this command will not enter into confusion.

Of course, unexpected for me. But even if this is the case, I am sure that this will not affect the general climate at Zenit. This is already an established team and one player in it does not change anything. There are no irreplaceable artists or players. Therefore, if Barrios leaves, the St. Petersburg club will be able to find a full-fledged replacement, ”Boyarsky said.

Could be a great deal for "Brighton"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here