[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Or just putting the deluded straight on here ? You wait until tomorrow when we don't beat Bournemouth!

I'll pm this post again for a quick refresh :clap2:

Haven't you been doing that for years? Saying we will not go up or be relegated? And been proved wrong for years?

I suppose by law of averages you will be proved right at some point. And no doubt you'll go on about it for years. In the meantime, it is tiresome

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I have no greater insight than anyone else, but it seems obvious to me that our strategy includes two key aspects:
1. Develop the infrastructure (both physical and personnel);
2. Ensure there is plenty of downside mitigation, should we get relegated.
Neither of these seems to be part of the Palace game-plan. At some stage, both may come back to bite them - but (frustratingly!), it seems to be working for them so far.
Personally, I’m VERY happy that our leaders have a long-term vision, and are putting in place all the building blocks to deliver it.
When a club comes so close to oblivion, and spends 20+ years just trying to stabilise in League 1, the process of becoming a fixture in the Premier League is hugely demanding. And getting tougher every year. The upwards trajectory from that afternoon in Hereford to Premier League regular was never going to be linear. This season MAY end in relegation, but a lot has been done to put in place the right people, structures, etc, for a speedy return.

I’m not saying that Bloom and co have been planning for relegation, but I think we are much better placed now to come back stronger, if we do go down. I’m not sure we had nearly as much in place 12 months ago.

How’s it gone for the other teams that went down? Huddersfield? Leeds? Blackburn?

There’s no guarantee we’d ever come back up. We should be doing everything in our power to ensure we do not get relegated.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I get what you’re saying, you do raise some valid points, but surely we’d better off strengthening accordingly whilst we’re actually in the Premier League rather than falling into the trap of assuming promotion from the Championship is easier than it actually is.

And this.

Our income will fall by £45m plus in year one in the Championship, a shortfall increasing every year after that.

TB knows that he needs the PL to carry out all the positives of his strategic plan.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I get what you’re saying, you do raise some valid points, but surely we’d better off strengthening accordingly whilst we’re actually in the Premier League rather than falling into the trap of assuming promotion from the Championship is easier than it actually is.

Absolutely, get relegated and the odds of bouncing back are no better than 15 or 16 of the others.

Nothing strategic about our position, more about rolling the recruitment dice and hitting blanks

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well maybe Mac Allister's work permit sort of counts. Still counts as U21 for squad purposes this season, but I'm not fully convinced a recall will happen.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I see you added a bit more.

100k is nothing for a Premier league league player.Especially if he scores and moves them up a place at the end of the season bringing in an extra 2 million.

You could always have AJ and Webster both on very long contracts who i would guess would be on 100k between them.

Not sure if you have done the maths but £5.2 million invested for a return of £2 million is not good business unless on your planet of doom.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If Andone came back,played and scored he would be forgiven by the majority of Brighton fans.

Agreed, and everyone deserves a second chance. The question in my mind though, is how much does Andone want to repair the damage he has caused?

I know he said he was misquoted when slating the Albion in the press, but I'm not sure how true that is.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Striker please...

... and thank you...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Priorities now have to be recalling Mac Allister and Molumby ( although I have a horrible feeling we don't have recall on that loan ) and signing a striker.

Winstano needs to get on the plane to Spain and come back with Fyodor Chalov from the CSKA winter break training camp.

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Anyone?!..........

Starting to look a little desperate. We have to strengthen the squad or we’re in world of trouble and yet all we’re talking about today is last season’s player of the season leaving!

Are there any decent or vaguely likely rumours out there?!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The 9 day crisis plan will have to become an 8 day plan.

Seriously though, we play West Ham in 9 days time - a bit of integration and training with any new signing wouldn't go amiss really.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We have a piss poor record at signing decent strikers, particularly in the January transfer window, and I don't see things changing this time round. If we're not prepared to buy the necessary quality of player to compete in the Premier League maybe we should just accept the we are a Championship club and be done with it. From a brief look that I've had, every single other Premier League side appears to have more "functioning" strikers than we have, which is just ridiculous. Does anyone really believe in their heart of hearts that we're Premier League ready, or ever have been?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have a piss poor record at signing decent strikers, particularly in the January transfer window, and I don't see things changing this time round. If we're not prepared to buy the necessary quality of player to compete in the Premier League maybe we should just accept the we are a Championship club and be done with it. From a brief look that I've had, every single other Premier League side appears to have more "functioning" strikers than we have, which is just ridiculous. Premier League ready?

Do you live in a cave between transfer windows? :lolol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is there actually much going on this transfer window? From my brief watching of sky sports in the evening, even they are trouble to find much going on. :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports