Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
We're supposedly after Danny Drinkwater on loan, according to The Daily Mail:-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...tml?ns_mchannel=rss&ito=1490&ns_campaign=1490

Yes please! A big upgrade on Stephens, exactly what we need and should have been a priority position for us this summer. I like Drinkwater, he was fantastic the season Leicester won the league.

I think it’s a hit harsh to say he only went to Chelsea for the money too, I think nearly all players would have made that move in his position.

Really hope there’s something in this.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Yes please! A big upgrade on Stephens, exactly what we need and should have been a priority position for us this summer. I like Drinkwater, he was fantastic the season Leicester won the league.

I think it’s a hit harsh to say he only went to Chelsea for the money too, I think nearly all players would have made that move in his position.

Really hope there’s something in this.

Just out of interest, how do you know it hasn't been a priority?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
But would they want to loan him out to a rival top 6 club? And they are under a transfer ban for another year so selling might not be a good idea incase they get an injury and need him back.

Sounds like a good all round idea if he's up for it and wants to put himself in the window for a future club.

Ok the wages will be good but it must be pretty demoralising to go from winning the League to 1 game a season.

I was thinking Everton, West Ham or his old club Leicester.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Just out of interest, how do you know it hasn't been a priority?

I didn’t say that it wasn’t? I just said it should have been a priority for us as that is a position we are particularly weak in. I’m sure it has been a priority but it’s not always easy to get the players you need and certainly not in any order. I think it’s probably been something we’ve tried to do with he links to Berge and Billing.

I wasn’t criticising the club in any way at all as I’ve been really pleased with the way this summer is going.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Maupay be decent

Sounds like no right wing back coming in .

Really would like a cm but no real rumours all summer so would be surprised

Very possibly Maupay if we got him would be our final signing and we go with what we got

It Gives us a chance to stay up .

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Maupay, YEN... but still think we need, on top of a ST, a quality RB/RWB...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Maupay, YEN... but still think we need, on top of a ST, a quality RB/RWB...

I think two more in, a striker (hopefully Maupay) and a quick CM. As BO says above, Potter wants to look at Schelotto first before buying in, which makes sense to me.

We have to think of the 25 as well. I guess Schelotto will be part of the 25 as back up to Montoya, so with a new striker and midfielder to come, that means some squad players will be leaving, either sold or loaned.

It's going to be a busy few days I feel, ins and outs!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think two more in, a striker (hopefully Maupay) and a quick CM. As BO says above, Potter wants to look at Schelotto first before buying in, which makes sense to me.

We have to think of the 25 as well. I guess Schelotto will be part of the 25 as back up to Montoya, so with a new striker and midfielder to come, that means some squad players will be leaving, either sold or loaned.

It's going to be a busy few days I feel, ins and outs!

Yes, should be an exciting few days...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Maupay soon. Yapi?

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
All odds now removed...This usually means done deal.

Sky still reporting we are in negotiations, also confused that some sources believe it is at advanced stage and others deny medical completed yet,,,,,

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
All odds now removed...This usually means done deal.

Sky still reporting we are in negotiations, also confused that some sources believe it is at advanced stage and others deny medical completed yet,,,,,

In fairness, our medicals are rather thorough - not expecting an announcement on this until tomorrow. Hopefully we won't have a repetition of couple of years ago when both Dwemena and Neto failed the medical.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Maupay to sing TODAY, Shirley?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So with the Maupay deal likely to be sorted today, has Naylor/Owen given us any clues as to what could be next? Im praying for a more mobile center mid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here