Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Thank god that nonsense about the squad staying the same , the recruitment team having packed it in and all the woe / gnashing as a result can finally be put to bed (about things staying the same at least)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It’s cleverly worded. Says interest in Webster has “no direct implications for Dunk” which is not the same as saying we’re signing him to replace Dunk granted but it’s also way off saying “Webster is being brought to play alongside Dunk and Duffy”.

It’s accurately worded as you’d expect from Brian. Argus has reported all summer that Dunk is likely to stay, likes it here but never say never.
What do you think is the likely outcome on Aug 8th ?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
It’s accurately worded as you’d expect from Brian. Argus has reported all summer that Dunk is likely to stay, likes it here but never say never.
What do you think is the likely outcome on Aug 8th ?

I genuinely think every player has a price and whilst any pursuit of Webster isn’t a replacement for Dunk per se we might find it hard to resist a proper bid in excess of £40-45m.

If however capturing Webster at that cost means we fail again to land a viable striker in any shape or form then we’re still in the land of 17th equals ridiculous out performance.

Personally I’d like us to end with maybe the loss of Hemed (as part of the Webster deal perhaps) and maybe Kayal if he doesn’t want to have another bit part season, keep Dunk, buy Webster, a better CM to challenge Stephens and of course one of Maupay or McBurnie (I like the idea of an heir apparent learning of GM/Locadia).

How does that all sound?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I genuinely think every player has a price and whilst any pursuit of Webster isn’t a replacement for Dunk per se we might find it hard to resist a proper bid in excess of £40-45m.

If however capturing Webster at that cost means we fail again to land a viable striker in any shape or form then we’re still in the land of 17th equals ridiculous out performance.

Personally I’d like us to end with maybe the loss of Hemed (as part of the Webster deal perhaps) and maybe Kayal if he doesn’t want to have another bit part season, keep Dunk, buy Webster, a better CM to challenge Stephens and of course one of Maupay or McBurnie (I like the idea of an heir apparent learning of GM/Locadia).

How does that all sound?

Nope I now want the 6ft 4in Moroccan striker over any of the other rumours :smile:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

How does that all sound?

Agreed (Hemed off, need striker, perhaps another CM) and yep I think club intend to keep hold of Dunk, and almost certainly will do. it looks now that Clarke signing was only ever going to be as a future loan.
Webster it appears was always longer term intention - although still a big punt.
As for striker - clearly moves are afoot.
Looks like Bloom will sanction £m in transfer fees this final week even if overall budget remains modest.

And that longer term model of speculations abroad and now at home with a roster of nearly a dozen young loanees playing in competitive leagues (Clarke and Connolly the latest ?) is starting to pay off ££ wise as a way of topping up the bottom 6 (but still eye watering) outlay.

So Strap in - looks like a busy week ahead.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Agreed (Hemed off, need striker, perhaps another CM) and yep I think club intend to keep hold of Dunk, and almost certainly will do. it looks now that Clarke signing was only ever going to be as a future loan.
Webster it appears was always longer term intention - although still a big punt.
Looks like Bloom will sanction £m in transfer fees this final week even if overall budget remains modest.

And that longer term model of speculations abroad and now at home with a roster of nearly a dozen young loanees playing in competitive leagues (Clarke and Connolly the latest ?) is starting to pay off ££ wise as a way of topping up the bottom 6 (but still eye watering) outlay.

Dunno

The brizzle manager has pretty much confirmed dunk will be off if we get webster

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Do you feel that we’ll sign a first team ACM or box to box CM’er?

Last season combo’s of Propper and Bissouma, or Gross and Propper (with Stephens as the out and out DM), failed to create, score and were more often than not outpaced by their opponents.

Our main weakness in many supporters eyes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here