Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I suppose Potter could sneak into RB Salzberg v Feyenoord on the Friday night to check out Dominik Szoboszlai, but I just reckon the Austria trip is more about the players we have.

I was under impression recruitment happens year round and when chance to strike deal bingo!! we are now moving into critical time period so like I said, things can literally happen any time....in or out

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Can't help thinking we won't sign a striker, I reckon it will be between Andone and Locadia with Murray and Hemed as back ups, unless one of these are leaving.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't help thinking we won't sign a striker, I reckon it will be between Andone and Locadia with Murray and Hemed as back ups, unless one of these are leaving.

Potter would be considerable more foolish than his qualifications suggest if he went with that plan.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As a perennial bedwetter every transfer window, I think that there are a few very early nappy wearers this year :smile:

I haven’t even bought mine yet.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

I'm up for giving Locadia more time under a new manager, but to rely on him for anything will be expediting Championship status.

Relying on Murray to get 10+ goals for us again is also a mistake.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm up for giving Locadia more time under a new manager, but to rely on him for anything will be expediting Championship status.

Relying on Murray to get 10+ goals for us again is also a mistake.

This. Which is why we MUST sign a good striker...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
36 days left to sign a first choice right-back, a first choice central midfielder and a first choice striker.

And to get rid of all the dross.

dross as you put it kept us up with a manager who seemed to be lacking the last few months. ( In other words we already have a premier league squad )

2 decent players in

Over a month to go.

Still better off than the 3 promoted and with the new manager we are well in the next group of sides.

Thats discounting the fact a lot of those new signings prob have another 10% in them and players like Andone could be first choice given a run

No issues and sitting pretty

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Today Talksport have turned their clickbait attention seeking to pairing every Premier League club with a Serie A player.

Once again we got an attacking right back Napoli's, Kevin Malcuit.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/kevin-malcuit/profil/spieler/126711

Edit - Brighton fans don't deserve to have a this highlight reel linked to the club, let alone the player:-

Last edited:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
This. Which is why we MUST sign a good striker...

cannot be any excuses. We were woeful in front of goal, hardly created and barely scored a goal....We obviously have signed Trossard (who appears to be replacement for Jose) so the idea that we could go with what we have got in front of goal is laughable......This will be the expensive record breaking signing and I hope we get the much needed attacking CM and RB too..

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I expect us to be signing Championship players who Potter saw playing last season. Makes sense no?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Has been linked with Arsenal, Man U and Marseille at varying points this season, not happening

Wasn't the Belgian bloke linked with Arsenal?
We're likely a bigger draw than Marseille (yeah, I know...) simply by virtue of the division. I don't however know their pay scales.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I expect us to be signing Championship players who Potter saw playing last season. Makes sense no?
Some random on twitter reckons we are singing Leeds right back Luke Ayling.

So perhaps you are right with at least 1 of the incoming.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Some random on twitter reckons we are singing Leeds right back Luke Ayling.

So perhaps you are right with at least 1 of the incoming.

It makes sense no? Potter promotes youth and we are looking for comparative bargains so why not go for Championship players that Potter saw in the Championship last season.

There are almost certainly Championship players ready to upgrade to the Premier League and I guess there must be a few strikers that may fit the bill too. We are not going to be signing experienced PL strikers, going on our past signings, so is it anymore of a risk than second rate European Leagues.

Haven’t seen the rumour about the Leeds player but don’t they play in a similar way to Potter teams, so why not?

We are not going to be signing 30 million plus strikers from anywhere.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It makes sense no? Potter promotes youth and we are looking for comparative bargains so why not go for Championship players that Potter saw in the Championship last season.

There are almost certainly Championship players ready to upgrade to the Premier League and I guess there must be a few strikers that may fit the bill too. We are not going to be signing experienced PL strikers, going on our past signings, so is it anymore of a risk than second rate European Leagues.

Haven’t seen the rumour about the Leeds player but don’t they play in a similar way to Potter teams, so why not?

We are not going to be signing 30 million plus strikers from anywhere.

True, for £6m it would be good competition for Montoya, plus Ayling is comfortable on the ball, has some pace and likes to get forward as well as defend. Again I believe he's been the captain of Leeds recently? Probably be a no brainer if true, hopefully that means more spending power on a box to box midfielder and striker.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
True, for £6m it would be good competition for Montoya, plus Ayling is comfortable on the ball, has some pace and likes to get forward as well as defend. Again I believe he's been the captain of Leeds recently? Probably be a no brainer if true, hopefully that means more spending power on a box to box midfielder and striker.

You are forgetting that this is THE Leeds, would it be considered a good move? He does play for the Champion’s of Europe and we won’t be offering that up anytime soon :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here