Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Out of interest those that are satisfied with the prospect of our business being done at the deadline would you be OK if right now you were offered 0/9 points and a Striker, CM, winger and defensive cover was all signed on deadline day?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Out of interest those that are satisfied with the prospect of our business being done at the deadline would you be OK if right now you were offered 0/9 points and a Striker, CM, winger and defensive cover was all signed on deadline day?

Satisfied is maybe the wrong word to use. Acceptance or even resigned to might be better.

Anyway what is the alternative to the zero points and four signings being made on deadline day? The exact four players signed prior to deadline day? Four worse alternatives signed prior to deadline day?

How about two players signed before the Man City game, one more between City and deadline day and one final signing on deadline day?

How many points are you offering out of those three games if we sign weaker players early?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Satisfied is maybe the wrong word to use. Acceptance or even resigned to might be better.

Anyway what is the alternative to the zero points and four signings being made on deadline day? The exact four players signed prior to deadline day? Four worse alternatives signed prior to deadline day?

How about two players signed before the Man City game, one more between City and deadline day and one final signing on deadline day?

How many points are you offering out of those three games if we sign weaker players early?

That's the thing I don't get. Why is it assumed that better players will be signed later in the window?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well spotted. It worked tremendously well. In the Championship.
I think you well know that i was referring to the last few years when each season in the championship, we had certain posters inundating the board with petulant complaints. Excepting the debacle two years ago, we have done rather well. It is still too soon to complain.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
The Guardian on line has got a page where you can check the transfer activity of all clubs. We are actually in line with everyone else pretty much.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
The Guardian on line has got a page where you can check the transfer activity of all clubs. We are actually in line with everyone else pretty much.

Provide us a link, I'd be interested in looking at it just to see any incomings and outgoings I missed.

Matic signed for United. ANOTHER ONE we have missed out on. Sack the board.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think you well know that i was referring to the last few years when each season in the championship, we had certain posters inundating the board with petulant complaints. Excepting the debacle two years ago, we have done rather well. It is still too soon to complain.

Understand what you are saying, but we are not in a position where we can 'get by', because we already have a strong PL squad. We did have that luxury in the championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He reckons we are 'spending money' on 2 possible deals, and have 'changed approach'.

He didn't quite say that

7fcda3bd8c40226ec83dd101350d396d.png

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
That's the thing I don't get. Why is it assumed that better players will be signed later in the window?
Because the ball starts rolling (excuse the pun) and the big clubs get better players which then releases other players, that become surplus, and has a knock on effect down the league's.

The players might not be good enough for your Man Utds, Chelsea's, Man City's, Arsenals etc. but they will probably walk into most other teams in the Prem and then those teams will probably sell players on to make way for their new signings and the ball just keeps rolling.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
To answer this question for the second time today - nothing has happened to him. And he is as much a right-sided midfield player as a right-back.

Sorry AZ, hadn't been on every thread so missed this, thanks for answering.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Iago Aspas?!

Gerard Moreno?!

Either one will do, not fussy!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here