Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
2 players needed, 16 days.

12.5% of a player each day. How much is Assombalonga's boot ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
2 players needed, 16 days.

12.5% of a player each day. How much is Assombalonga's boot ?

As long as we don't lose anybody I am not too worried how long it takes, I'll even settle for just a CB as I think Baldock is gonna shine this season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As long as we don't lose anybody I am not too worried how long it takes, I'll even settle for just a CB as I think Baldock is gonna shine this season.

Right up until the point he gets injured, what then?

It will be impossible to be competitive in this division with only 3 first team strikers, even without the fact that 2 of them are identical.
As it stands CB is the least of Hughton's worries.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

It will be impossible to be competitive in this division with only 3 first team strikers, even without the fact that 2 of them are identical.

You have a point but at some stage we have to rely on players from the development squad to step up. The only way that will happen is if we are forced into it. Think Rashford and Oscar Garcia when manager of the Albion.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You have a point but at some stage we have to rely on players from the development squad to step up. The only way that will happen is if we are forced into it.
Not in a promotion season though. Maybe if we are aiming for mid-table.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You have a point but at some stage we have to rely on players from the development squad to step up. The only way that will happen is if we are forced into it. Think Rashford and Oscar Garcia when manager of the Albion.

Will CH want to be forced into that action which is 50/50 on success and failure as being too early. I would think the answer is NO.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If the development squad strikers aren't ready, being forced into the first team won't improve them.

If they aren't ready again this year, we don't need one more striker we need two.

Failure to score crucial goals at crucial times has kept the team in the Championship.
To allow that to happen for a second season would be tantamount to negligence.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If the development squad strikers aren't ready, being forced into the first team won't improve them.

If they aren't ready again this year, we don't need one more striker we need two.

Failure to score crucial goals at crucial times has kept the team in the Championship.
To allow that to happen for a second season would be tantamount to negligence.

At what stage do we decdie to have faith in the development squad? If the answer, which is to many on here, never what is the point of spending money on players and facilities? we might as well disband it

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
At what stage do we decdie to have faith in the development squad? If the answer, which is to many on here, never what is the point of spending money on players and facilities? we might as well disband it
We have faith in it when they are good enough.

We have to have extra levels of faith if we aiming for a promotion season, rather than aiming for a mid-table season.

Last year they finished 2nd bottom of the basement division.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We have faith in it when they are good enough.

We have to have extra levels of faith if we aiming for a promotion season, rather than aiming for a mid-table season.

Last year they finished 2 bottom of the basement division.
Yeah but every season will be perceived as a promotion season until we get to the Premeir League and then it will be "oohhh we need to upgrade the development squad now we are in the Premier League" it's a Catch 22 as far as I can see.

I am of the opinion that if we can't get quality players in without going crazy we should risk the development squad players as cover promotion season or not. We may have to do it anyway under the new rules, what if we lose enough players to injury and suspension during the season? Loans will not be allowed outside the transfer windows :shrug:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I'd agree with you re the striker situation ...but still think we need cover along the back line...and would add is it sufficient at fullback? Or are we relying upon this young Canadian

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yeah but every season will be perceived as a promotion season until we get to the Premeir League and then it will be "oohhh we need to upgrade the development squad now we are in the Premier League" it's a Catch 22 as far as I can see.

I am of the opinion that if we can't get quality players in without going crazy we should risk the development squad players as cover promotion season or not. We may have to do it anyway under the new rules, what if we lose enough players to injury and suspension during the season? Loans will not be allowed outside the transfer windows :shrug:
Perhaps the U23s need to prove their ability a bit more by being in the promotion mix themselves before we fast track them into the 1st team ? ???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Surely the answer is the minor cup competitions as a starter and see how they shape up then promotion to the bench for a league game with possibly some time rather than 'oh god he is the only fit striker we will have to put him in the team against QPR or whoever '.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008

We've only had the facilities for 5 years, we are not going to see immediate results hence why we were the whipping boys in the DS league last season.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We have failed three times in the play/offs.
The first was down to the manager but the last two have essentially been largely influenced by injuries and lack of sufficient quality at the most crucial point of the season.
Now that could be seen as an argument for "wait until January" but how much better to have real strength in depth here and now?!

Two signings needed - a pacey striker and a centre back.

If we fail in the former it begs the question who of Knockaert, Murphy, LuaLua, Skalak and March is best equipped to challenge Baldock playing off the striker SND score goals?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here