Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Don't you feel like banging your head against the wall with some of these comments?

Ha ! I was rightly called a boring old tit by the lovely TLMS the other day for continuing to point out the bleedin obvious on here (with a quote and a link natch) . My head will cope.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
How did Hughton know that Goldson was going to get injured in Spain. ?

Its a 46 game season and if your CB target is , lets say, Shane Duffy. and Blackburn won't let him go until they've signed Y - do you abandon him completely just so you have a signing in place for 46 games of the season (if one is available of course) instead of 45 ?

We didn't last season which turned out alright . We presumably waited to land Uwe and Goldson a few weeks into the season despite having only 2 fit CBs (we had Glen Rea on the bench). We also had to do the dance with Dunk and be patient/nervous about a new contract that he refused to sign until the end of the month after flirting with Fulham.
If the league insist on having the window open a few weeks after the seasons starts then you can't be that surprised that our business continues up til that date as well.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree. I know that you are very keen to knock back any implied complaint about the club but whenever Goldson got injured is again irrelevant since we went into the close season needing to replace Greer and would have had targets then. You don't have to agree but I would like us to have solved this area earlier so Goldson' s injury wasn't problem. I accept, however, that this hasn't and probably wont happen pre Derby.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We only need 2 to sing, unless we are upgrading Elvis, Holla or Ince.

I assume the center back will sing before Derby, and the striker hopefully soon after that.

If I was the billionaire owner of the club I'd reject all bids for Dunk, Stephens, Knockaert, Kayal etc.

We are in pretty good shape today, although it would of course be good to get 1 in within the next 7 days.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
My son and partner went to the training session this morning. Those present were those that we'd expect, i.e.:
-- no Goldson, March or Hunemeier
-- Stephens, Rosenior and Sidwell were all present so have worked, or are working, off their knocks.

Also went to the open training today.
Stockdale did the specific goal keeper training but did not join in the games.
Bruno played CB, Rosenior played RB in all games.
Sidwell did the warm up but then did training on his own. Did not join in the games.
Manu played as a striker.
The games were full on and very intensive.
Hughton was onto them straight away if intensity dropped.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I'm surprised that one or two people are suggesting we shouldn't have released Calde and Greer.

At his age, Calde is League 1 standard at best. Greer is now lower Championship level. If we want to make that step up we need to release players like this, and it's my belief that better replacements will be signed. CH hasn't let us down in the past.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I'm surprised that one or two people are suggesting we shouldn't have released Calde and Greer.

At his age, Calde is League 1 standard at best. Greer is now lower Championship level. If we want to make that step up we need to release players like this, and it's my belief that better replacements will be signed. CH hasn't let us down in the past.
I agree, however injuries have hastened the need for reinforcement sooner rather than later
Ha ! I was rightly called a boring old tit by the lovely TLMS the other day for continuing to point out the bleedin obvious on here (with a quote and a link natch) . My head will cope.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

I am not sure people are saying we shouldn't have let Calde and Greer go, my surprise is they must have known before the season ended that they were going to dispense with their services and it appears we had nothing with their experience lined up to replace them. For example last season with the club letting Hughes, Bennett and Halford go ,who between them were important members of the team, the club had lined up and brought in Bong and Rosenior by early July to replace them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am not sure people are saying we shouldn't have let Calde and Greer go, my surprise is they must have known before the season ended that they were going to dispense with their services and it appears we had nothing with their experience lined up to replace them. For example last season with the club letting Hughes, Bennett and Halford go ,who between them were important members of the team, the club had lined up and brought in Bong and Rosenior by early July to replace them.

Bong & Rosenior were both free agents.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Maybe they are trying to get someone in, but want to make sure he is the right person and player for the future of the club and doing it the right way and not announcing anything until it's completed, just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Maybe they are trying to get someone in, but want to make sure he is the right person and player for the future of the club and doing it the right way and not announcing anything until it's completed, just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True there is always the possibility that replacements have been lined up for Calde and Greer and the negotiations are proving more difficult than expected. Some transfers do seem to go on for months, Bridcutt to Sunderland and Greer himself from Swindon for example.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
There will be behind the scenes stuff going on that will be under the radar.
I also think that G. Murray will score a hat full of goals this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here