Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There goes Europe

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think it went after the Brentford game, but sadly I feel that result has put it beyond reach.

Goal now has to be top 10 and then build for next year.
Been over for ages. A team that wins 6 games in their last 25 league games is more likely to go down than qualify for Europe. We’re nowhere near good enough.

I expect us to finish 13th now with only one game left, Burnley, that I think we’ve got a chance of winning. Finish any higher than that and I’ll be really pleased.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think it went after the Brentford game, but sadly I feel that result has put it beyond reach.

Goal now has to be top 10 and then build for next year.
It went after the calendar flipped over to 2024 - we just didn't know it then.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Been over for ages. A team that wins 6 games in their last 25 league games is more likely to go down than qualify for Europe. We’re nowhere near good enough.

I expect us to finish 13th now with only one game left, Burnley, that I think we’ve got a chance of winning. Finish any higher than that and I’ll be really pleased.

I thought about 13th for a few months. Chelsea, West Ham, Wolves for a while blew chances to pull away with ease, whilst Plucky have been in amazing form. I thought Fulham would pull away too, but out of nowhere they’re losing games.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It went after the calendar flipped over to 2024 - we just didn't know it then.
Yep, this year we’ve either been found out or the number of games in Europe has caught us up, or both.

Still, top 10 would be an amazing achievement.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep, this year we’ve either been found out or the number of games in Europe has caught us up, or both.

And equally unlikely.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
And equally unlikely.
I fear you are right. The only thing going for us is that we have more teams to play that need wins as opposed to needing to avoid losing. The more open the game, the better for us. I’m actually more optimistic about playing Villa and Newcastle than I am playing Bournemouth or Burnley.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s over. I’m not bothered in that conference thing either, it’s Europe League or more.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It's gone yes.

But before today it was 100% on. We had to find some huge performances. But to qualify for Europe, you're always going to have to beat top teams

To me the season is now about stopping Chelsea from doing it

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Unfortunately we needed to get something today to stand a chance, season will just drift now but still hope we smash Chelsea and finish above then

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
And given who we have to play, plus our seeming loss of verve, swagger and confidence the season’s probably going to peter out from here.

A shame, but what a first half of the season we had.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

I think it's both facts in your first sentence - reminds me of West Ham last season.

We need a refresh with some new faces and some new tactics (like a plan B).

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
De Zerbi has 7 games to find a plan B and experiment

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The double whammy of faliure to keep clean sheets and score goals has hit us hard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here