Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Theo Walcott in trouble

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So If you went to Palarse with a banner saying "We 8 Palace" and unfurled it,do you think you would get away with it?

If you were confronted at the Amex with a flag proclaiming "We 8 gays" how would you take it? As a bit of wit?

If you stood outside John Street with "We 8 policemen" where do you reckon you'd end up.

It is done to cause a reaction,and not a nice one.
How can you possibly defend it?
I did ask for a shirt with "We moderately dislike Palace" on the back of it, but apparently that was too many letters

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Arsenal fans took a shirt into the ground with WE 8 SPURS on it.
It was clearly shown on ITV.
Not incitement?

Calling Spurs fans "Yids" is bad enough.
Like using the N word against blacks.

I don't support either side,but it seems that Arsenal get away with blatant racism.

Before you bother.I know.Spurs fans call themselves Yids.

Black people also call themselves the N word.
It doesn't mean everybody else can.

Bedwetter alert.

D

Deleted member 18477

Walcott did nothing wrong. Top Man!

The spurs fans need to sit down and shut up.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He is clearly just trying to wind them up. Can you imagine if Zaha/Bolasie/Jedinak did that to us if we lose at Selhurst, we would be fuming. And I mean fuming.

But fuming is your own personal reaction. If you choose to be riled by a player indicating a fact about the match, that's your own responsibility. There are other responses available to you.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
He is clearly just trying to wind them up. Can you imagine if Zaha/Bolasie/Jedinak did that to us if we lose at Selhurst, we would be fuming. And I mean fuming.

Fair point, and more proof if ever it were needed of how purile ALL football fans are.

My take on the incident as I watched it live on TV was that Walcott had probably been taking dogs abuse from the Tottenham fans while lying on the ground, which continued as he got loaded up on the stretcher, and his 2-0 gesture was a very clever way of retaliating without being offensive.
I thought it was hilarious, and i thought fair play to Walcott.

However, if any Palace player had done the same to us, I'd be straight to the front of the stand hurling abuse at them!

I wouldn't make a formal complaint though ... how pathetic is that.
Has that really happened?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not incitement?

I don't support either side,but it seems that Arsenal get away with blatant racism.

:fishing:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So If you went to Palarse with a banner saying "We 8 Palace" and unfurled it,do you think you would get away with it?

If you were confronted at the Amex with a flag proclaiming "We 8 gays" how would you take it? As a bit of wit?

If you stood outside John Street with "We 8 policemen" where do you reckon you'd end up.

It is done to cause a reaction,and not a nice one.
How can you possibly defend it?

I will proudly defend it by saying that is what football fans do, if YOU do not like it then bugger off and watch ice hockey........bye!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not incitement?

Explain the We 8 a Spurs shirt bit, I honestly do not have a clue what you are talking about.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A large section of football fans seem to think that, for the cost of the ticket, they get the right to hurl as much abuse at anyone they please with complete protection from anyone wanting to give any stick back. Don't give it if you can't take it.

Valid point, if Walcott had made some kind of obscene gesture then fair do's, but he was probably getting dogs abuse and replied without being offensive but in a clever intelligent way. I know someone who met Theo at a charity do soon after his move to Arsenal and they said that he was very level headed and charming. That's good enough for me, well done Theo .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
'we, 8 gays'

shearr.img_assist_custom.jpg

yynynyyn

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Ha! He sprinted the length of the pitch so that he could celebrate having scored against them for City at the other end. Far less? I struggle to think of a more obvious case of deliberately inciting a crowd!

The Arsenal fans had spent most of the game singing

Adebayor,
Adebayorrrrr,
Your dad washes elephants,
And your mum is a whore..

At him for the whole game up until then, so his reaction isn't surprising, and then the arsenal fans got upset when he gave some back. Nowt as fickle as football folk eh?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I seem to remember Adebayour getting hammered when playing for City when he did far less in front of the Arsenal supporters.

Err that was FAR worse than what Walcott did?!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Footballer in showing some character shock!!!

Football crowds in massive hypocritical over reaction shock!!!!!!

Media in Theo Walcott non-news story shock!!!!!!

Plus ca change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here