Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**********Thee Unofficial Brighton & Hove Albion v Aston Villa Match day Thread**********

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It says on the official website "Sodexo will also be taking £1 off every alcoholic drink and hot food item purchased in the concourses after the game."

Does that mean a pint is £3.50, but two half-pints are £2.50?!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
it says on the official website "sodexo will also be taking £1 off every alcoholic drink and hot food item purchased in the concourses after the game."

does that mean a pint is £3.50, but two half-pints are £2.50?!
party !!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Posts from Vital Villa message board are honestly refreshing apart from the odd one....

" Assume you mean automatic promotion I think its safe enough to say thats gone but to be fair you never know a win does give some brief hope. Ultimately we're talking about overturning 13 points in 30 games, Brighton have the best defence in the league and realistically a look at the table shows that Brighton and Newcastle are pulling away and will continue to."

" Brighton are as strong playing through the centre of midfield, as they are playing wide.
This is one of the main reasons they are where they are in the league.
To combat this we need players, both out wide and in the centre of midfield who are mobile and aren't afraid to put the foot in.
Two good reasons not to play Westwood as he isn't very mobile and he is too cowardly to make tackles.
With Westwood playing DM against Brighton it will be like playing with ten men, in fact we'd probably do better actually playing with ten men."

" I'm worried about the Sky Curse. Out of Bruce's 5 games 2 have been televised and they both have been draws. The other 3 weren't televised and they were all wins. In fact I just had a look and as far as I can see the last time I got to watch a game that we won (televised) was the Norwich game on the 6th February.
Get down to the ground early and block the sky vans!! I'd prefer to watch updates on SSN and get 3 points than watch the game live and draw or lose."

On twitter from Pat Murphy and the Brighton fans calling the leak before the game "Shabby" and mind games etc....Seems a lot of them are rather up their own arse's so I hope we get a good result.
Murphy getting lots of stick from Brighton fans one even telling him to "F**K Off Pat" etc.."

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Seaside Air

Villa view: http://www.avillafan.com/24415/opposing-trajectories/

Impressions that the game is more important to Villa as a defeat for them would pretty well kybosh their slim hopes of automatic promotion.

I predict solid defences and Villa to fight for the second ball in midfield like Bruce teams in the past, especially Hull. I expect Villa to be a bit more resilient than Norwich. They will also have a plan B with Gestede maybe on the bench. I'm not sure they have really got a winger that could put the ball on Gestede's head.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1085109/Preview for the projected teams. I would have thought that their central defenders would be Elphick and Chester.

Adomah has caused trouble in the past but his forte is not deep crosses.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Interesting nugget on BBC website:

Only Nottingham Forest (17) have dropped more points from leading positions this season than Villa (15).

Brighton are 12/1 (Corals) to win coming from behind. Might give that one a go, although it does mean conceding a goal for the first time in 4 matches!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Interesting nugget on BBC website:

Only Nottingham Forest (17) have dropped more points from leading positions this season than Villa (15).

Brighton are 12/1 (Corals) to win coming from behind. Might give that one a go, although it does mean conceding a goal for the first time in 4 matches!

tonight is a confidence game, lets not go there or give their fans a glimmer of hope....

Send them packing, and they can take Judas with em....

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Villa will sit, and try and play us on the break through the pace of Adomah and Kodjia. Both have been impressive against us before. Kodjia has been away playing with Ivory Coast on Tuesday and I'm not convinced he'll last the 90. Same goes for Jedinak, who I suspect will start but not finish the game.

I would like to see us try and play through them, as midfield is where they are weak. Knocky, looking to play 1-2s to get in around the box, with the bonus of winning freekicks from the likes of Jedinak. I think that moving the ball quickly is important, as ever, but we need to keep our shape and patience. Perversely, the longer the game goes goalless, the more I fancy our chances as they tire.

Bring it on, shout loud!

PG

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I refuse to open this thread and I certainly wont be posting on it. I'm waiting for the official match day thread. (2-1 tonight though.:albion2:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here