Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Zaha Factor

theboybilly

Don't be silly. Don't you remember their banner.. They are the teachers and we are the pupils... or something stupid like that.

They would never copy us... See the Swansea manager is being linked with them.... who would have thought it?

Isn't the Swansea manager link just wishful thinking on their part? A lot want Eddie Howe but it would be interesting to see if he (or anybody for that matter) fancies a ground-up rebuild. He'd be on a hiding to nothing

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
If the SEGW is back at least he will be all cosy and warm inside Joel's pocket.

I wouldn't mind seeing the pic of the Greyhound winding him up again if anybody has it handy.

df3df86fbdf279674a5de36fdb4cb67f.jpg

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Seems all is not well and the hoodies are mobilising:

https://twitter.com/ultrascpfc/status/1361743745947992072?s=21

Admire their passion sneer at their lost little boys/small man syndrome. Hilarious.

Given the contracts ending this summer and the financial situation Palace would be utterly mental to do anything but have a young squad; either academy players or transfers in. What the Always Ultras are calling for is just commonsense. However when it happens this summer, which it is bound to to some extent, they’ll be trying to take the credit for it. Which is hilarious. They really think they’re far more important and influential than they actually are.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
What they need is a total change of philosophy.
Someone like Frank De Boer to completely change their playing style.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems all is not well and the hoodies are mobilising:

https://twitter.com/ultrascpfc/status/1361743745947992072?s=21

Admire their passion sneer at their lost little boys/small man syndrome. Hilarious.

So they want to bring in the young players? How long before they then decide that they are not good enough and need to get back to spunking millions in wages on last club old journeymen again?

As a point of interest do they have Hodgson IN/OUT poll running on their forum? If so what are the percentages?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Can't find a poll on Holmesdale; doubt the website has the functionality.

Roy Out & Parrish Out threads.........and a thread of 236 pages entitled "Stadium Redevelopment" :lolol::lolol::lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Where is this huge potential they speak of?

I think they’re referring to the size of potential Sainsbury’s they could build if they finally knock down Selhurst. At least that’s my assumption....

Given the contracts ending this summer and the financial situation Palace would be utterly mental to do anything but have a young squad; either academy players or transfers in. What the Always Ultras are calling for is just commonsense. However when it happens this summer, which it is bound to to some extent, they’ll be trying to take the credit for it. Which is hilarious. They really think they’re far more important and influential than they actually are.

I’m frankly astonished that one of them had the nouse to come up with the idea. Must be course material from one of their BTecs in Sports Business or some such.

It’s commendable to have a supporter group driving change but the manner they go about it is frankly hilarious. Complete antithesis to how we went about the Falmer campaign. They’re just a bunch of about 500 angry young men.

So they want to bring in the young players? How long before they then decide that they are not good enough and need to get back to spunking millions in wages on last club old journeymen again?

As a point of interest do they have Hodgson IN/OUT poll running on their forum? If so what are the percentages?

The way they crowed with excitement on signing Meyer, Benteke, Batshuay and Zaha on six figure weekly salaries, presumably all off the strength of the new American investors backing and the ring fenced ground improvement money.

On a more serious note they do want Roy out because he is playing dour football, not blooding youngsters and they seemingly have no identity. Sound familiar?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I hope he plays. It may be the last time we face him as a Palace player and he's my favourite ever pantomime villain. I think he's faced us 13 times? Always raises his game against us, and he absolutely 'gets it', whatever 'it' is.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I hope he plays. It may be the last time we face him as a Palace player and he's my favourite ever pantomime villain. I think he's faced us 13 times? Always raises his game against us, and he absolutely 'gets it', whatever 'it' is.

This is the thing about Wilf (SEGW) - lived in Thornton Heath and the shadow of Smellhurst from aged 4; played for Palace from aged 8. There is absolutely no doubt he gets it whatever 'it' is. And for that I give him a very grudging thumbs up.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Me too. There is a decent side to the guy – Evening Standard: "Zaha has his own foundation, funds an orphanage run by his sister in his homeland and donates 10 per cent of his earnings to good causes."

And professionally. It was good to see him giving Knocky a matey hug at the end of a recent derby, each player respecting the other's evident (if slightly flawed) brilliance.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Me too. There is a decent side to the guy – Evening Standard: "Zaha has his own foundation, funds an orphanage run by his sister in his homeland and donates 10 per cent of his earnings to good causes."

And professionally. It was good to see him giving Knocky a matey hug at the end of a recent derby, each player respecting the other's evident (if slightly flawed) brilliance.

Nahh, cheating Palace t***

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Spanish dave

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
With the Palace game upcoming it appears that the biggest variable affecting the quality of the opposition is down to one player. A couple of stats

- Palace have lost 17 of their last 19 games without him, and in15 of those they have failed to score

- since signing him in 2014/5 they have lost 89.4% of the games played without him

Of course this proves nothing but is very suggestive.

It prompts the question, have the Albion is your time of watching them had one player who was anywhere near this influential? No stats, just opinion: the name that was missing from the team sheet and filled you with gloom. Related question, who in the current set-up is the first name inked in for your starting team?

John Byrne.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
It prompts the question, have the Albion is your time of watching them had one player who was anywhere near this influential? No stats, just opinion: the name that was missing from the team sheet and filled you with gloom. Related question, who in the current set-up is the first name inked in for your starting team?

Dean Hammond

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I also grudgingly respect Zaha. He gets it and always raises his game against us.

That’s why I hope he doesn’t play. :albion2:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
i think mr veltman will handle him if he plays .....hamstring issues , probably unfit ....were do these.

In the last few weeks

We stopped Son
We stopped Grealish
We stopped Salah
We stopped Lookman

We did this by winning the midfield

We'll stop Zaha in the same way

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here