The "You're too ugly to be gay" chant

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boycee

Jan 16, 2004
Oop north
...is weird, and Hull's response summed it up - "you what, you what you what etc".

How about: you sound like you're gay,you sound like you're gay, come out the closet, you sound like you're gay (to the tune of"I wanna go home...etc)
Or even... "come down to Brighton, you sound like you're gay"

No homophobia intended, just a better response to "we can see you holding hands" etc.

I await NSC approval...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
:fail:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wasn't it suggested, possibly agreed, that we would start responding with YMCA?

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
"You're too ugly..." is probably my favourite football chant, or at least my favourite football retort - if it goes over the head of the one-joke bigots who start the "does your boyfriend" chants in the first place, then that makes it better still.

Oct 25, 2003
i think the best response to gay chants was at millwall several years ago...........two quite fat skinheads (i think) MINCED down the stairs holding hands

there was nearly a riot in the millwall end

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Anyone seen Sacha Baron Cohens film, Bruno?
The part where (straight Dave) he's fighting in the steel cage match then starts to get intimate with his opponent in Texas of all places! So funny..

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I think on our travels we come up with a few good retorts , Bristol city away last year " whose the wanker in the red whose the wanker in the red " about 100 Bristol lads all wearing red shirts looking bemused at each other wondering who we where chanting about .

Last edited:

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
One chant , can't remember where now, possibly Southampton when crofts scored towards the end , was "we just f***ed you up the arse"

Anyway seeing as a sloop John B song has been mentioned what has happened to Richard Reynolds Haircut he always use to be first to comment on new chants , especially those involving sloop John B songs

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Anyway seeing as a sloop John B song has been mentioned what has happened to Richard Reynolds Haircut he always use to be first to comment on new chants , especially those involving sloop John B songs

He was rumbled for being another account of a poster, but the true identity was never revealed.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Away at leeds waa great this year. I remember them singing something like 'do you take it, do you take it, do you tale it up the arse?!' and we responded with 'your f***ing curious, your fuckin curious' and they were just speechless to that response!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports