Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wrong Mans - BBC2

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mr and Mrs Meade are enjoying it. I chuckled heartily in ep 3 over the picking up of the garlic bread and delivery of "the bird" moment.
It's definitely the little touches like that, that elevate the show to actual comedy.

Dawn French's cameo was also amusing.

Que second wave of DF hatred cos she's not funny and only ever plays a fat bird.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm afraid that Corden is not my cup of tea on any level. This show was puffed and trailed to such an extreme degree I was repulsed by it and anything connected to it.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I am finding it OK but I think half an hour at a time helps.
Corden blows hot and cold. He was very good in the West End farce A Man with Two Governors.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
I'm really enjoying it, but I have a vested interest. My mate's brother is the Will Buckley lookalike who co-wrote it with James Corden. Problem with James Corden is he prostituted himself too much after G&S when he was the "hot thing" and did all sorts of rubbish. Thik that was part of the problem when he fell out with Matt Horne. I also love Horrible Histories even though its for kids, love some of the songs. Incidentally Mat Baynton is a massive Spurs fan so when Gary Lineker tweeted that he loved the Wrong Mans he was in his element conversing with one of his heroes. Now that would be cool!

enterprise

Jul 12, 2010
I thought the first episode was very poor and was disappointed but have to admit that the last 2 have been really quite good.

I thought the first episode was very poor and was disappointed but have to admit that the last 2 have been really quite good.

Watched the first episode on iPlayer last night and enjoyed it enough to want to see the other two episodes (so far) tonight.

I though Matt Baynton's face looked familiar and Seagull NZ and Wikepedia confirm that he stars in one of my my favourite shows, "Horrible Histories". I think he may have been responsible for one of the greatest musical moments of the series, the life of Charles Dickens in a song based closely on "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" complete with flowers in his pocket for the benefit of the grown ups! Children's TV is often wasted on them.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Seen the first two episodes and really enjoying it. The dark haired lead actor is really good I think.

I quite like Cordon at times. His appearances on chat shows etc are nauseating but find him quite amusing on his TV progs. Even Horn and Cordon, which was terribly unfunny had one hilarious character, the one Cordon played who was a really posh/rugger bugger overbearing old schoolfriend. He made that character very funny. And he was great in Gavin and Stacey.

He used to be in Hollyoaks but quit and summed the show up perfectly when he said in a magazine interview "Hollyoaks is a program made by *****, full of *****, for *****". Yep.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just caught up with Tuesday's episode.

3 decent enough laughs, one proper proper lol.

Not the strongest programme but still plenty funny enough.

Quick bounce - don't often take the trouble to watch an entire series of something but made the point of watching all six episodes and rather enjoyed it. Not enough Emilia Fox though.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Solid finish to an enjoyable, if hardly ground breaking little programme. Easy to watch, a few chuckles, quickly forgotten.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought the last episode was the weakest, I guess that's the price you pay for wrapping up a convoluted story.
Saying that though the bridge jump did make me laugh.

I certainly enjoyed the series.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here