Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The WORST season at Home EVER!!!!!!!!!

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Since supporting the club since 1979 this has to be the most depressing season i can remember, forget Gillingham and the last Goldstone days - we expected that shite then!, but this takes the biscuit!!:angry:

Utter Shambles:angry::angry:

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Statistically, it may not be the worst season ( yet ! ) but in terms of actual performances it has to rank as one of the worst in my 44 years of support.
Taking the following into account -we entered the season on the back of a 7th place finish and a squad of players that looked stronger on paper.
We have witnessed :-
1)Tactical ineptitude that has seen us continually play the wrong style and formation at home.
2) Out of the 3 home victories..Leicester was fluked and Harlepool was nicked with a stoppage time own goal ( yes, it was...Andrew didnt touch it ).
Only the Millwall win was clearly deserved.
3)We have started almost every home game slowly and have fallen behind so many times I have lost count. We are not good enough to keep playing ' catch-up '
4) Apart from the Millwall game, is there any other home game where we have played well for more than 45 mins ?
5) IMHO the standard of opposition has been pretty ordinary and this makes our record even worse.
In recent seasons we seem to swing between pretty solid and bloody awful at home.In the last 14 seasons, we have lost 9 or more home games in 8 of those seasons and yet in 5 of the other 6 six seasons we have lost 5 or less.
But I still rate this season at home as one of the worst ever.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Statistically, it may not be the worst season ( yet ! ) but in terms of actual performances it has to rank as one of the worst in my 44 years of support.
Taking the following into account -we entered the season on the back of a 7th place finish and a squad of players that looked stronger on paper.
We have witnessed :-
1)Tactical ineptitude that has seen us continually play the wrong style and formation at home.
2) Out of the 3 home victories..Leicester was fluked and Harlepool was nicked with a stoppage time own goal ( yes, it was...Andrew didnt touch it ).
Only the Millwall win was clearly deserved.
3)We have started almost every home game slowly and have fallen behind so many times I have lost count. We are not good enough to keep playing ' catch-up '
4) Apart from the Millwall game, is there any other home game where we have played well for more than 45 mins ?
5) IMHO the standard of opposition has been pretty ordinary and this makes our record even worse.
In recent seasons we seem to swing between pretty solid and bloody awful at home.In the last 14 seasons, we have lost 9 or more home games in 8 of those seasons and yet in 5 of the other 6 six seasons we have lost 5 or less.
But I still rate this season at home as one of the worst ever.

Spot on - :cry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here