Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Worst Place to be on your Birthday

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
Is Surely in hospital.

My mums been in hospital for about 4 days now with a kidney infection.

And today its her birthday, and she'll be spending it in Ward 19 at Milton Keynes General.

Hospital must be one of the worst places to be on your birthday??

However we're going to visit her with a shit-loada presents and balloons etc in about an hours time. :)

And then after that we're off to Northampton!! :lolol:

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
junior said:
I was in Iraq (or could it have been Iran:p ) for my birthday:lolol:

yeah ok that may have been worse!!

Still im guessing you may have had some celebrations??

There wont be much celebrating or partying on ward 19.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Sorry Junior. Techno's Mum wins by a mile. You need to re-read the original post.

Not only is she in hospital, but to make it worse, she is in Milton Keynes!

Having been to Iraq and Milton Keynes, I know where I would rather go!

D

Deleted member 2719

I was in hospital 8 years ago today with my cruiate broken and my dreams for playing for the Albion at Falmer in tatters!

;)

Not only was it bad that i missed my birthday but i also missed the Easter bank hols to.

:(

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I was in hospital for my real birthday. ???

DC Rules

Could It Be Forever?
Sep 19, 2006
I spent my 35th birthday by my mum's bedside in intensive care..she got rushed in that morning...being told she wouldn't survive the night..she lasted another 10 years, finally dying just before Christmas!

It was Eastbourne, not Milton Keynes, but awful hospital!

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I spent my 28th (10 years ago) in intensive care, sedated for some 4 weeks. They 'un-sedated' me for a couple of hours to see family etc.

Someone bought me a simple radio/cassette player. My Morphine-muddled state made me think it was a f***-off stereo system??!

The last thing I remembered that day was gunmen storming the hospital with machine guns.

:(

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Eddie the Seagull said:
The last thing I remembered that day was gunmen storming the hospital with machine guns

That's the NHS for you ...:angry:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I spent my 21st Birthday in Havana (Cuba) with two rather good looking Spanish girls, drinking rum and playing poker. A brilliant little guest house on the water front with copious amounts of Rum and a Cuban cigar.

Oops, wrong thread.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Barrel of Fun said:
:ohmy:

Would you care to elaborate, Eddie?

Pancreatitis.

I withstood the pain for two days. Luckily my ex called an ambulance. As soon as I was in it I arrested. It was blues & two's all the way to the Kent & Sussex Hosp.

This was on 31/10/96. I came round proper on the 8/12/96, where I had a respiratory arrest! (this is a really f***ing bad experience). The only organ not to fail was my brain.

I was discharged on 24/12/96 - Infected with MRSA.

Nice. :nono:

I was just glad to be laid up on my setee watching The Wizard of Oz - Far less a brain-f*** than my hallucinations.

(BTW - My birthday is 30th November)

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Originally posted by Eddie the Seagull

Someone bought me a simple radio/cassette player. My Morphine-muddled state made me think it was a f***-off stereo system??!

:( [/B]

that was a f***-off stereo system til you flaked out again and the nurses swapped it for a shitty one!

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
P.S - Still a bit frail having lost 50Llbs I made it to the Hereford game where I got gobbed on, booted & slapped afterwards.

Wankers.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The Worst Place to be on your Birthday

posting on NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here