Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The worst part about last night

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Brilliant and agree apart from wishing Sheffield Wednesday Good luck, I hope they fail their fans have been utter twats on twitter.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
The dust is just starting to settle. Acceptance and a calm resignation is now replacing heartache and a wild sense of injustice.

Good luck Wednesday. In the football family we all have our moments of euphoria and despair.

Last night was emotional. Friday night was desperately frenetic. Middlesbrough was heart-rending in its injustice. But the strength of our recent history means we truly understand what is important. And this episode will live long in the memory of glorious disappointment.

Something all true football fans grudgingly accept as the flip side to the coin of sweet success and elation.

I've replayed last night over and over again.

The moment that I embarrassingly broke was not the Wednesday equaliser. Or the missed chances. Or the injustice of feeble inept refereeing.

It was the unadulterated shattering image of Bruno lying prostrate and shaking with tears. Consoles by Stockdale.

The man brought home to me what will be the envy of all the premier league football followers dumbed down by Sky. Enticed by the champions league.

We saw a man who has the skill and sublime knowledge of the game, who could have played anywhere in Europe at the highest level but who had chosen our club as his home for the last five years.

We saw him broken. We saw him shattered. We saw him feel, live and suffer our pain as fans.

We had empathy and a common emotion with a man who wanted what we did, as much we did.

For that Bruno Saltor I am forever in your debt.

You epitomised the spirit and attitude of a club that I have loved dearly for decades.

And last night as I watched your shattered body and broken heart collapse to the ground at the final whistle you gave me hope.

Hope for a game that is riddled with deception and fraud.

Because last night we were gladiators and we were warriors.

Congratulations Wednesday. I begrudge their noble fans nothing.

If you love the game and care for the spirit and intent of the game - then last night should and will be seen as seminal moment in the drive to the future.

Thank you Bruno. You owe us nothing. We are in deep gratitude for the love and affection and spirit you and your glorious band of brothers have given us.

Thank you. Thank you.
Could not have put it better. Great words. I was the same seeing Bruno and rosenior so upset. That is what got to me - what it TRULY all meant.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Gotta say, that was the moment that got me as well. To see players with that kind of passion is special in this day and age. I sure hope Bruno has one last season left in him for us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The dust is just starting to settle. Acceptance and a calm resignation is now replacing heartache and a wild sense of injustice.

Good luck Wednesday. In the football family we all have our moments of euphoria and despair.

Last night was emotional. Friday night was desperately frenetic. Middlesbrough was heart-rending in its injustice. But the strength of our recent history means we truly understand what is important. And this episode will live long in the memory of glorious disappointment.

Something all true football fans grudgingly accept as the flip side to the coin of sweet success and elation.

The moment that I embarrassingly broke was not the Wednesday equaliser. Or the missed chances. Or the injustice of feeble inept refereeing.

It was the unadulterated shattering image of Bruno lying prostrate and shaking with tears. Consoles by Stockdale.

The man brought home to me what will be the envy of all the premier league football followers dumbed down by Sky. Enticed by the champions league.

We saw a man who has the skill and sublime knowledge of the game, who could have played anywhere in Europe at the highest level but who had chosen our club as his home for the last five years.

We saw him broken. We saw him shattered. We saw him feel, live and suffer our pain as fans.

We had empathy and a common emotion with a man who wanted what we did, as much we did.

You epitomised the spirit and attitude of a club that I have loved dearly for decades.

And last night as I watched your shattered body and broken heart collapse to the ground at the final whistle you gave me hope.

If you love the game and care for the spirit and intent of the game - then last night should and will be seen as seminal moment in the drive to the future.

Thank you Bruno. You owe us nothing. We are in deep gratitude for the love and affection and spirit you and your glorious band of brothers have given us.

Thank you. Thank you.

Best post I've seen on NSC. Hope the club see it and hope Bruno sees it.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Forget Bruno's age. If you've got what it takes then age is irrelevant. And Bruno certainly has the ability and fitness to take on at least another season

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

Thank you. Thank you.

Immense post

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Forget Bruno's age. If you've got what it takes then age is irrelevant. And Bruno certainly has the ability and fitness to take on at least another season

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I've just watched a recording of the game last night (still can't work out how we didn't win). He was brilliant - time after time his first touch and immediate pass is immaculate, regardless of how the ball gets to him. Absolute joy to watch. Has to stay another season.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London

Thank you. Thank you.

Oh great... Thanks a lot! Got yet another thing in my eye today...

Superb post - and I agree wholeheartedly with everything you've said...

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
image.jpeg

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
So many players on the pitch obviously love this club with everything they've got. Rosenior's "chin up" after the away leg made his feelings clear, while the reactions of players like Bruno and Skalak last night showed just how much it meant to them. There was a point where Stockdale pulled his shirt up to nose height, just trying to hide in it. That pretty much broke my heart.

It all leaves me teetering on my thoughts about next season. On the one hand we've got a core of players who will give everything they can for this club and will do their best to deny the opposition a single inch. I know that football is a mercenary game now, but it does feel like a fair few players, even those who've only been here a short time, will have to be clawed away from the club with a crowbar. If they don't want to go and the club doesn't want them to leave (and why would they?) then it's unlikely that anyone will offer an amount of money that will change hearts and minds.

On the other hand, Hughton may have to do a bit of work repairing players mentally. They're clearly all physically and, perhaps more importantly, emotionally shattered after last night. However, if that's shaped in the right way, and I think Hughton is capable of that, then we'll have a team who will run through walls if that's what's required. Take the hurt, take the pain, and hone it into a driving force; it'll motivate players far beyond the promises of riches or glory. That, more than anything else, is the reason that Bruno has to stay next season. Given how he played this season, can you imagine how much further he can go with that pushing him on, how he'll use that fire to motivate and lead the team on the pitch?

And that's just one player. Imagine what Knockaert or Kayal will be like with that fire in their bellies, imagine how much further Stephens will be willing to go if his sending off at Boro is used to fuel him next time around. Get it right and they will be titans on the pitch, laying waste to any who dare to challenge them.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Wonderful post that is spot on.

I think Bruno's performance last night was the best I've seen in years from an Albion player. He should have won MOM rather than Dunk

He must be offered a new contract. I guess we may lose Calde, but that also sits badly with me....

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I have opened this thread about 5 times tonight, 4 times to read the OP again, and once to read the responses.
The OP and post 37 by halbpro are terrific.......... the OP did bring a lump to my throat actually.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here