Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The worst part about last night

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
You see teams like Man City and Chelsea.The utterly disgraceful way they have played this season.Their total lack of effort.The way they escape any kind of punishment and instead it's always the managers who are the scapegoats.You then see players like ours who have given their all this season and cruely missed out on promotion.You see the effort and the passion we played with and you realise there are many stars in the top teams but there are very few heroes.Mainly just a bunch of money grabbing wimps who haven't a clue how to fight for everything on a football pitch.Winners aren't always those who finish first and our players def were winners this season.
Well said
Fantastic post. Bruno really is a really great player and man.

Who would have known a few years ago that we would fall so in love with 2 Spanish right backs.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
Would echo all the sentiment on here - superb post, and sums up the bond between the players, the fans and the club.

The players keep talking about how good the team spirit is, and that it's the best they've ever known. I don't think this should be underestimated - in every game it feels like they're going to war with their mates.

This team spirit is a massive boost for us, and may help to keep the squad together for next season. Anyone who might be lured away by the filthy Premier League lucre would hopefully think twice. Stay with us and be part of something special: promotion, and legendary status sealed. I can't wait.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sometimes there is a connection between fans and team that we can feel, I hope the players can feel it too, because it was there for me this season, this team feels like "us", more than any side has to me since Mickey Adams League 2 Champions.

"Together" has been an apt Strapline for the club to use, because it really has felt like it.

......and maybe a good time to put it on the NSC banner in place of 'Were Loose'?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Think this is a good point [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ?

Yep - covered elsewhere somewhere. I'm not full of massive amounts of motivation right now, but we can certainly start the process. I'll ask for nominations, and we can then have a vote and get the change made this Summer.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Yep - covered elsewhere somewhere. I'm not full of massive amounts of motivation right now, but we can certainly start the process. I'll ask for nominations, and we can then have a vote and get the change made this Summer.

Benevolent dictatorship is more effective than consensus.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Incredible words and brought a tear to my eye reading them.

In a game fraught with a lot of bullshit and shitty people out there, Bruno is an absolute credit to the club, the fans, and football as a whole. Absolute hero.
These words slightly tarnished now!

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Looking back at the heartbreak of this season, it's funny to see how both Boro (1 season in the top flight and failing the play offs tonight) and Wednesday (looking like another season in League 1) have both fared since then.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Quite sad reading the OP talk about Bruno in such endearing terms, knowing now how he completely tarnished his time in the end for ultimately such an obviously doomed endeavour.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Quite sad reading the OP talk about Bruno in such endearing terms, knowing now how he completely tarnished his time in the end for ultimately such an obviously doomed endeavour.
Would love the OP to come back with a simple "Update: Bruno is a ****!".

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
image-jpeg.117336

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Seven years ago today.

If only we knew what was to come…
I think most of us felt we were building up to something. After the Wednesday defeat, I was convinced we could go straight up the following season. When we did, I thought we would maybe get 3-4 seasons at most in the top flight ( looked like being only two at one stage ) go down, regroup, come back up.
Six seasons in the top flight and correct me if I am wrong but never in the bottom three apart from the opening few games of our first season. Remarkable. We have gone from.... struggling.... to plucky..... to improving..... to solid..... to impressive.... to brilliant. From looking over our shoulders to looking ever upwards. The top half seemed a dream. Europe a million miles away.
Everything has changed and nothing has changed. Elite clubs still dominate. We are still in a mini league of 13 -14 clubs looking to stay up every season. Football is cyclical. Clubs look established then slide. Small changes of dynamic are enough. How long have we got? Well....a decade is only another 4 seasons and that seems entirely possible. Why can't we do a lot longer. Of course we can but nothing is gonna stop me charting that 40 point target every season and taking it step by step and enjoying the ride.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I think most of us felt we were building up to something. After the Wednesday defeat, I was convinced we could go straight up the following season. When we did, I thought we would maybe get 3-4 seasons at most in the top flight ( looked like being only two at one stage ) go down, regroup, come back up.
Six seasons in the top flight and correct me if I am wrong but never in the bottom three apart from the opening few games of our first season. Remarkable. We have gone from.... struggling.... to plucky..... to improving..... to solid..... to impressive.... to brilliant. From looking over our shoulders to looking ever upwards. The top half seemed a dream. Europe a million miles away.
Everything has changed and nothing has changed. Elite clubs still dominate. We are still in a mini league of 13 -14 clubs looking to stay up every season. Football is cyclical. Clubs look established then slide. Small changes of dynamic are enough. How long have we got? Well....a decade is only another 4 seasons and that seems entirely possible. Why can't we do a lot longer. Of course we can but nothing is gonna stop me charting that 40 point target every season and taking it step by step and enjoying the ride.
Great post. For clubs like ours 40 points will always be the first target really. You only have to look at Southampton and Leicester this season to see that: both far richer history in the top flight than us, leicester extremely successful recently too, yet one poor season and they're down. Life is fragile in the top flight for the non-elite clubs! Does make you realise that to be fair Palace have done very well to stay in the top division a decade now - on a shoestring and seemingly without much of a plan (or any) to develop and progress as a club

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Great post. For clubs like ours 40 points will always be the first target really. You only have to look at Southampton and Leicester this season to see that: both far richer history in the top flight than us, leicester extremely successful recently too, yet one poor season and they're down. Life is fragile in the top flight for the non-elite clubs! Does make you realise that to be fair Palace have done very well to stay in the top division a decade now - on a shoestring and seemingly without much of a plan (or any) to develop and progress as a club
Shoestring? Are you aware of the salaries they pay and the number of times they've spunked out £30m, when that was the equivalent of £50m in today's money? They have chucked all their money at it, everything earned from a decade in the PL has gone to the players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here