Votes: 1 0.5%
  • hyypia

Votes: 49 24.5%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Adams II. I hated his arrogance (if you haven't played the game what do you know), cluelessness and I also felt he was quite a nasty man.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Two votes for Coppell?? Are you insane? That has to be anti Palace rivalry taken to an extreme.

Well, there are five votes for Lloyd who got us to within a match of the PL so there are some right nutters about.

I voted for Adams Mk2: while Hinsh was poor, he got a really bum deal with BZ being injured (and we had that clown in goal for part of his run - I've forgotten his name, Peterson was it?). And I don't think Hyypia has sunk to the depths of Adams yet. And don't forget, he was in a lower division

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Hinsh-Fact

Mcghee stopped me buying my season tickets for the Withdean. Nice bloke apparantly, but boy could he snatch a defeat from a victory with a substitution or two.

Also failed(like many others) to deal with leon Knight. Very frustrating travelling to away matches and finding your best player is dropped for something he said on the coach.
Also failed to pick Kuipers, going for lesser keepers who could kick better.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
So our current manager is neck and neck in a poll with Martin Hinshlewood on the worst manager in in the last 20 years (and a bit). Says it all.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Anyone who sez Dean Wilkins ( great LEGS!!!!!) is the worsterest is probably one of those wicked Musilims from IKEA who keep kiling people and stuff in Sirie A.

He was far betterer than anyone before or sincest and if he had of stayed we would be in the Championes Leage and would of beaten famous clubs like Really Madrid or Benfogal of Portugal. Its all the fault of TIGHT and the Cup Final question was never ansered in his book so thats proof and im not even called Sheerlock.

Not wanting to be pedantic but it should be 'if he had have stayed'.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
How can anyone seriously vote ANYONE else but Jimmy Case? Took us down into the bottom division, and then led us 12 points adrift at the foot of the whole league.

It pains me to say it because he was a terrific player for us, but this is the only logical answer to the poll.

Jimmy was painfully lacking, not helped by his personal issues, even allowing for the dreadful state of the Club at the time.

PG

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Hyppia is comfortably the worst as he has had the biggest backing and financial support, the likes of Wilkins were dealing with the pot less pillock Dick Tight buying Jonny Dixon whilst Hyppia gets Darren Bent

Wilkins was bought Nicky Forster and Glenn Murray.

It's McGhee who had a harsh time of it. His best players flogged a replaced by Turienzo and McCammon.

But that wasn't Knight's doing. Another member of the board had a hand in that.

Yoda

English & European
I have to say the poll results are near enough spot on to how I would order them, apart from having Hinsh and Hyypia the other way around. Hinsh had a League 2 squad (bar Zamora who missed most of those games injured) in the Championship, whereas Hyypia has a Championship squad in the Championship.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Anyone who sez Dean Wilkins ( great LEGS!!!!!) is the worsterest is probably one of those wicked Musilims from IKEA who keep kiling people and stuff in Sirie A.

He was far betterer than anyone before or sincest and if he had of stayed we would be in the Championes Leage and would of beaten famous clubs like Really Madrid or Benfogal of Portugal. Its all the fault of TIGHT and the Cup Final question was never ansered in his book so thats proof and im not even called Sheerlock.
:thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
In fairness to Jimmy Case, it's a bit difficult to manage a football club when the owner was deliberately trying to put the club out of business. In Steve Foster's last season with us, the owners even barred Case from picking Fozzie even though he was fit. Madness.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Two votes for Coppell?? Are you insane? That has to be anti Palace rivalry taken to an extreme.

In virtually his first game in charge he was hailed as a hero by his own and then watched our team lose 5-0 to his real team. Then he took us down, then he left because someone offered him a better chance. Usually if you sell your soul, you get something back. We sold ours and got nothing.

I am not saying that Coppell was a bad manager, but he was easily my worst ever Brighton manager.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I remember Jeff Wood taking charge after Nobby Horton left to go to Port Vale and a disastrous run of results led us to plummet down the table to 18th after being 7th or 8th. Hinshelwood likewise started off with a couple of decent results followed by a string of losses. Sami Hyppia is following in both of their footsteps.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Didn't Bob Booker also caretaker manage us and take us on a losing run? Seem to remember a pretty bad 4-0 defeat at Brentford with him in charge.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
You can't sell all of your best players,replace them with cheap mediocrity instead of quality and then blame the manager.
Poyets squad which was competitive,has been systematically dismantled as if to remove any memories of what a class act he was and how he was hounded out of the club.
Managers of Poyets quality don't grow on trees.
Sami may well develop into a top manager,but the knives are already out for him at BHA so he may as well move on.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
In virtually his first game in charge he was hailed as a hero by his own and then watched our team lose 5-0 to his real team. Then he took us down, then he left because someone offered him a better chance. Usually if you sell your soul, you get something back. We sold ours and got nothing.

I am not saying that Coppell was a bad manager, but he was easily my worst ever Brighton manager.

Let's re-write history, and offer no context whatsoever... oh, you've done that already.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here