Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The World Cup

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When did I say I had 'questions'?

Ha ha no doubt you are getting ready for one of your long 'quirky' and oh so clever posts in reply to me, you know the ones mate, the ones that say 'look how intellectually superior to you I am'

Off you go....
OK.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Don't be silly. We can all post.

Your point was that it was not the done thing to question the 'diversity and inclusion agenda'.

I indicated that I am looking forward to your questions.

What's your first question?
My first question is: Which former banned/heavily infracted poster is Cornwall Boy ?

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
My first question is: Which former banned/heavily infracted poster is Cornwall Boy ?
Grow up would you mate, we aren't kids in the playground, it's a chat forum for football fans, if opinions on here upset then log off rather than trying to get posters banned.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Grow up would you mate, we aren't kids in the playground, it's a chat forum for football fans, if opinions on here upset then log off rather than trying to get posters banned.
I can assure you I had far more intense and theological conversations in the St Luke's playground than I have often seen on here.

Opinions on here rarely upset me, if ever. Frustrate, perhaps. But it is actually the maturity of the forum that attracts me.

As regards getting you banned, there is nothing to indicate that was my intent. But it is always interesting how some posters have the feel of someone who has been here previously, their views and homogenised paths in their outlook.

'Homogenised' that was a word I never used in the playground. I normally use it to describe the dull architecture in post war town developments. But that's another thread.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
I can assure you I had far more intense and theological conversations in the St Luke's playground than I have often seen on here.

Opinions on here rarely upset me, if ever. Frustrate, perhaps. But it is actually the maturity of the forum that attracts me.

As regards getting you banned, there is nothing to indicate that was my intent. But it is always interesting how some posters have the feel of someone who has been here previously, their views and homogenised paths in their outlook.

'Homogenised' that was a word I never used in the playground. I normally use it to describe the dull architecture in post war town developments. But that's another thread.
And the problem with that is? Everyone is entitled to their 'views' and to make their way down a 'homogenised path.'

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't know.

His typing is far too good, and his aggression level far too low for him to be our friend Mr Bush.

And JCFG has already found himself an alter ego.

So no bells are ringing.

But he does seem to know more about my posts than I do about his (which is a bit stalkery).

Go on, tell me.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
And the problem with that is? Everyone is entitled to their 'views' and to make their way down a 'homogenised path.'
Doesn't matter, it's all the same to me..

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
I don't know.

His typing is far too good, and his aggression level far too low for him to be our friend Mr Bush.

So no bells are ringing.

But he does seem to know more about my posts than I do about his (which is a bit stalkery).

Go on, tell me.
Hardly stalking but your posts often to me smack of 'look at me aren't I intelligent.' I'm not the first one first one to make that observation on here.

Sorry to disappoint you all but I've only been here on here since last year and have not previously been banned and i think none of my posts have come close to getting me banned.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't know.

So no bells are ringing.

Go on, tell me.
It was a genuine question. I often ask when I sense the metamorphosis of an old poster. Most of the time someone knows who it was.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hardly stalking but your posts often to me smack of 'look at me aren't I intelligent.' I'm not the first one first one to make that observation on here.

Sorry to disappoint you all but I've only been here on here since last year and have not previously been banned and i think none of my posts have come close to getting me banned.
I genuinely disappointed by that. It's ruined our game of 'Guess the former poster'. No, I haven't see anything that would get you banned.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Erm, wasn't this supposed to be a thread about the WWC?

I'll watch some of it but the TV scheduling doesn't make it easy. Nothing like the Qatar WC where (like many people I'm sure) I was able to watch nearly all the games.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

You're keeping tabs on who comments what about me on NSC. Crikey. Should I be flattered or alarmed?

When people say 'look at me' on NSC this is always done in jest. Typically when some bright spark asks whether they know of a good Ferrari garage in Cannes, and such like. Given time I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. I note also this is an anonymous forum, so unless you know me you can't look at me.

That said I do have quite a lot of people on ignore* so maybe some of them have formed a gang dedicated to cataloguing my posts and passing judgement. How icky. :lolol:

*As you are new here, I should tell you there is a way to filter out posts from people who get on your wick.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was a genuine question. I often ask when I sense the metamorphosis of an old poster. Most of the time someone knows who it was.
Everything suggests he's new apart from the readiness to post, the lack of any sort of effort to be companionable, and the strange amount of information he seems to be collecting on the Thoughts of Chairman HWT.

But, it is what it is.

Jul 7, 2003
Good to see Seb Hutchinson on the commentary team. Really like his style and reckon he will become one of the main football commentators in years to come.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

That's a 'look at me, aren't I clever' post, if ever I saw one.

Look at you with your 'homogenised'. That used to be illegal. Soon it will be ruddy compulsory.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
You're keeping tabs on who comments what about me on NSC. Crikey. Should I be flattered or alarmed?

When people say 'look at me' on NSC this is always done in jest. Typically when some bright spark asks whether they know of a good Ferrari garage in Cannes, and such like. Given time I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. I note also this is an anonymous forum, so unless you know me you can't look at me.

That said I do have quite a lot of people on ignore* so maybe some of them have formed a gang dedicated to cataloguing my posts and passing judgement. How icky. :lolol:

*As you are new here, I should tell you there is a way to filter out posts from people who get on your wick.
I don't keep tabs on anyone on here, I have better things to do. But I would say that you seem to be a prolific poster who often does post long and quirky replies (nothing wrong with that).

I didn't know there was such a thing as 'ignore' likewise I don't know what 'whooshed' is. But I wouldn't put anyone on ignore as I enjoy reading the variety of posters on here and to put someone on 'ignore' to me is showing an unwillingness to listen to a view that differs from your own one, akin to Universities cancelling a speaker as they don't agree with their views.

But hey we are all different and if 'ignore' is for you mate then that is your prerogative.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That's a 'look at me, aren't I clever' post, if ever I saw one.

Look at you with your 'homogenised'. That used to be illegal. Soon it will be ruddy compulsory.
It's one of those words that once you first hear it and look it up it just has to be used. It's a word that transcends my two GCSEs.

A bit like 'bukkake' but it's hard to get that into general conversation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here