Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The World Cup

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't keep tabs on anyone on here, I have better things to do. But I would say that you seem to be a prolific poster who often does post long and quirky replies (nothing wrong with that).

I didn't know there was such a thing as 'ignore' likewise I don't know what 'whooshed' is. But I wouldn't put anyone on ignore as I enjoy reading the variety of posters on here and to put someone on 'ignore' to me is showing an unwillingness to listen to a view that differs from your own one, akin to Universities cancelling a speaker as they don't agree with their views.

But hey we are all different and if 'ignore' is for you mate then that is your prerogative.
OK. That's fair.

I have my reasons for using the ignore function.

The original comment of yours that raised eyebrows was "questioning the diversity and inclusion agenda. Not really the done thing on here."

This really comes across as a statement criticizing NSC for supporting diversity and inclusion. Some of us might have asked you what you have got against diversity and inclusion, but some of us have become somewhat tired of engaging with people who have an issue with equality, inclusion and diversity (EID as it is known), and these days are more likely to just take the piss.

But your comment also shows that you anticipated that the majority on NSC would be askance at someone questioning the diversity and inclusion 'agenda'. Yes, yes we would. And you clearly know that despite being a newby. This is why people questioned whether you might be a former banned poster (there have been a few people banned for calling a spade a spade, and defending the right to be racist, homophobic and sexist).

If your comment has been misunderstood, I'd be happy to apologise. But I'm not sure what else you have in mind other than a problem with diversity and inclusion.

As someone with autism I find that personally offensive.

Everyone has the right to an opinion. They don't have the right necessarily to express it on a public forum. You haven't quite expressed a despicable opinion, but you have noted that such opinions are not tolerated on this forum.

Hopefully that's the end of it :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's one of those words that once you first hear it and look it up it just has to be used. It's a word that transcends my two GCSEs.

A bit like 'bukkake' but it's hard to get that into general conversation.
Likewise with urolagnia.

Incidentally folks, don't google it. I googled it a year or so ago and had the images filter on.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You are a brave man saying that on here!!! Totally agree with you btw. Why can't the mens wc have 90% male pundits? I'm guessing the percentage of men on BBC and ITV was nowhere near that.
Did you not spot the quote marks? :facepalm:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Absolutely buzzing for this now. A good opener for us against the relatively inexperienced Haiti, hoping for a morale boosting victory, the win is all that matters before the really tough group games to follow.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
What I love about Crodo’s work most are the small things. He’ll title a thread “The Men’s FA Cup”, then sit back and smile at the reactions, then similarly call the women’s thread just “The World Cup”.

Unironically one of my favourite posters on here. The only thing I have noticed is that the classic Mumsnet stuff he posts (I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, Soccer Aid, etc) he does actually know about. Which means he’s either very dedicated to doing this character, or there is actually some truth to it.

I actually prefer the former. He’s been doing this for years and I am very impressed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here