Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The World Championships Sweepstake

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Ominous interview from Mr Hearn, I’m sure Sheffield City Council would ‘love‘ to build him a new 3,000 seater state of the art Crucible, but I’d imagine the Labour controlled local authority have far more pressing matters to finance.

So Saudi or China in 2028 then? 🙈

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Great to see 'Ball Run' close to back to his unplayable best but he's got a huge fight on his hands against Jack-pot, in what should be one of the highlights of the entire World Championships. Can't split The Pistol and The Wizard of Wishaw in the other Round of 16 game.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Did I miss something? I thought there was snooker Sunday evening but it seems those games are now on Monday. Forgot to watch last night after returning from B'muff so was searching for the results.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Seems my man Stuart Bingham is through to the last 8.

What does the winner of this sweepstake get, crodonilson? Dinner with Polly & Giles? Exemption from your next sweepstake?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Another huge shock as The Silent Assassin downs Mr Haircut 100 to secure the first spot in the semi's. :nono:

Congratulations @Moshe Gariani

In the other Round of 8 games The Angry Farmer looks in control against On Fire, and on course for another famous semi final spot.

Ball Run and The Rocket can't be split in a clash of two of the giants of the modern game.

The Warrior holds a narrow 3 frame advantage against the Wizard of Wishaw (but you can never write that maple ash gladiator off!)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Seems my man Stuart Bingham is through to the last 8.

What does the winner of this sweepstake get, crodonilson? Dinner with Polly & Giles? Exemption from your next sweepstake?

10 minute video call with Gurjit.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Ominous interview from Mr Hearn, I’m sure Sheffield City Council would ‘love‘ to build him a new 3,000 seater state of the art Crucible, but I’d imagine the Labour controlled local authority have far more pressing matters to finance.

So Saudi or China in 2028 then? 🙈

I've seen a lot of noise about all this. Assuming it's more down to council funding than planning, etc, why doesn't Matchroom Sport build the venue, host the snooker there for two weeks of the year and generate revenue as a 'normal' venue for the rest of the year? I'm sure he could bring all manner of sports to the place and lots more besides.

Councils are strapped for cash, they can't be held to ransom by the likes of Hearn, even if they wanted to!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The semi-finalists are not that well known by the general public after Ronnie and Higgins lost.
I'm not sure the BBC will have huge viewing figures for the rest of the tournament.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The semi-finalists are not that well known by the general public after Ronnie and Higgins lost.
I'm not sure the BBC will have huge viewing figures for the rest of the tournament.
Whatttt????

Ball Run is one of the modern greats of the game and the Warrior has been a consistently excellent player for a number of years now.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Agreed. With the likes of Ronnie, Judd, Ding, Higgins, Lisowski, Williams, Selby, etc in it I'd have watched most of the frames in the 2 x semis and the final. Now I will watch very little, if any. I'd be more likely to put on an old YouTube video of Ronnie....

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Agreed. With the likes of Ronnie, Judd, Ding, Higgins, Lisowski, Williams, Selby, etc in it I'd have watched most of the frames in the 2 x semis and the final. Now I will watch very little, if any. I'd be more likely to put on an old YouTube video of Ronnie....
Sorely it's time for a refresh and good to see some new and different faces?? Perhaps this is the start of the changing of the guard because the winners of the main events hve been incredibly static over the past 25 years. In any case Ball Run is one of the modern greats of the game and he's in the last four.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here