Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The words to Sussex by the Sea on the big screens

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Surely enough is enough now. Please for the love of all things can someone with connections to the people at the club ask them to remove the words off the screen. Please!!

I think 36,000 of us proved at Wembley that we can sing our own main song without words!!

It's a bit embarrassing now to have those words appear on the main screens every pre-game.

Also, any chance we can remove all the loud music on the build up to kick off so we can create a natural atmosphere.

Such an amazing time for us fans, so these little tweaks would be the icing on a very tasty cake.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Surely enough is enough now. Please for the love of all things can someone with connections to the people at the club ask them to remove the words off the screen. Please!!

I think 36,000 of us proved at Wembley that we can sing our own main song without words!!

It's a bit embarrassing now to have those words appear on the main screens every pre-game.

Also, any chance we can remove all the loud music on the build up to kick off so we can create a natural atmosphere.

Such an amazing time for us fans, so these little tweaks would be the icing on a very tasty cake.
Think we’ve proved enough times at home we can’t keep in time even though it’s blasted over a PA system :poop:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Vast majority of fans around me at Wembley definitely didn’t know the words!
Wont even ask how you managed to check every single person around and had the time to have this thought and notice 🤣
Let alone get lost in the moment and belt out our song 😜

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Don't like it? Don't look at them!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Absolutely and as for the growing percentage of non-English speaking fans who love following their fellow Countrymen playing for BHA, we should not only remove the English but sing it in other languages too so they can join in …

(Oh, in case any English speaking fan finds singing in a language that is non-native too difficult, the words appearing on the screen below maybe helpful…)

¡Oh Sussex, Sussex junto al mar!
¡El bueno de Sussex junto al mar!
Puedes decirles todo lo que estamos de pie o caemos,
Para Sussex junto al mar.

Oh Sussex, Sussex am Meer!
Das gute alte Sussex by the Sea!
Du kannst ihnen alles sagen, wir stehen oder fallen,
Für Sussex am Meer

Or how about this …

おおサセックス、サセックス・バイ・ザ・シー!
古き良きサセックス・バイ・ザ・シー!
私たちが立っているか倒れているかをすべて彼らに伝えることができます。
サセックス・バイ・ザ・シーへ。

🙂

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Absolutely and as for the growing percentage of non-English speaking fans who love following their fellow Countrymen playing for BHA, we should not only remove the English but sing it in other languages too so they can join in …

(Oh, in case any English speaking fan finds singing in a language that is non-native, the words appearing on the screen below maybe helpful…)

¡Oh Sussex, Sussex junto al mar!
¡El bueno de Sussex junto al mar!
Puedes decirles todo lo que estamos de pie o caemos,
Para Sussex junto al mar.

Oh Sussex, Sussex am Meer!
Das gute alte Sussex by the Sea!
Du kannst ihnen alles sagen, wir stehen oder fallen,
Für Sussex am Meer

Or how about this …

おおサセックス、サセックス・バイ・ザ・シー!
古き良きサセックス・バイ・ザ・シー!
私たちが立っているか倒れているかをすべて彼らに伝えることができます。
サセックス・バイ・ザ・シーへ。

🙂

Goodness me!

How bored must you have been to translate GOSBTS into Spanish, German and Japanese?

Marvellous effort.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Agree about the pre-match music. I like the words on the screen though. It helps new fans learn them, younger fans learn them.

But crucially - I could not give less of a f*** about what opposition fans think about it nor what may or may not be "embarrassing" at a football match.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Goodness me!

How bored must you have been to translate GOSBTS into Spanish, German and Japanese?

Marvellous effort.
30 seconds with cutting and pasting using google translate :p

But yes, I don’t have that much to do at 06.00hrs on a Bank Holiday morning tbh 😂

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Even with the words up, 99% of the crowd STILL sing them wrong!

…song, as we March along, of Sussex by the sea…

The next line is “Sussex, Sussex by the sea”, NOT “Good old Sussex by the sea” 🤷‍♂️

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
35,999 fans still sing “Good old Sussex by the Sea” when the line is Oh Sussex, Sussex by the Sea”.

I think we need to keep the words on the screen.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Does it really matter either way?
Strangely, it does to me. It gives the impression we are being taught a song. The song we all know and is special to us.

As for the 'good old' bit. I like that as a substitute to the original.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
How many people actually knew the proper words before we played at the Amex?
I definitely didn’t (bad fan and Sussex person) :wrong: :ban: I should be sent over to Kent to live.

Seriously we all sang going up to win the cup for years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here