The Withdean Years DVDs

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Does anyone know why Micky Adams isn't interviewed in this?

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I too also feel that their should have been more goals shown on the disks. Didn't we almost get to 500 scored at Withdean? Id love to know what percentage of goals we scored their ended up on the disk.

Also Dean Wilkins getting us to 7th season seemed rather rushed.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
12 years worth of goals woould have become a touch monotonous, especially the years when we conceded more than we scored!

No, its fine. It tells a story that loads of us thought could never happen. Don't want endless goals, they can be done elsewhere - Zamora, season compilations etc etc, but this is a different beast entirely. and I didn't think it wasoverpriced its a triple dvd for £30 , Thats about average

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

I think he was preparing for the new season with Port Vale and simply wasn't available. can't think that he wouldn't want to go back over the wonderful period.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
In addition to the omissions of Adams and Mayo, I was also VERY surprised that Oatway wasn't involved.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Wilkins looked genuinely upset at his treatment. Will the truth ever out...?

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Wilkins lost some of the main players in the dressing room. He was so loyal to the youngsters and believed so strongly in them to the point of greatly pissing off some of the older more experienced players. This was obviously all filtering back to the board, he wouldn't budge in his vison and in the end the pros got their way. Allegedly...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

I wondered that too...I can only assume that the stroppy little shit is still sore about his second spell. All of which makes Dean Wilkins all the more of a true hero for not telling them where to stick their cameras when asked to be involved and all the more credit to him for that.

Plus Deano must be busy applying the Dear Physio's make-up for a living down at the arse end of the A27.

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
I think it's brilliant. Great goals, fascinating interviews, and some good off the field clips as well.

As for the border - well, the club don't really want to produce a £30 DVD only for some arse to upload all the decent content on youtube and pass it off as their own....

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
12 years worth of goals woould have become a touch monotonous, especially the years when we conceded more than we scored!

No, its fine. It tells a story that loads of us thought could never happen. Don't want endless goals, they can be done elsewhere - Zamora, season compilations etc etc, but this is a different beast entirely. and I didn't think it wasoverpriced its a triple dvd for £30 , Thats about average

Exactly THIS

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Most important - are Colin Hawkins' finest moments shown?!

I hope they are, including the misinterpreted own-goal. A 1/4 of a second earlier, and his header would have skimmed the outside of the post, whilst if 1/2 a second later and missing entirely, then it is 99.9% certain that one or other of the attackers would have made the required tap-in.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Present from JBizzle for Christmas. Me and Mrs Earle watched the first two discs in bed on Sunday morning. Really enjoyable. Had to laugh at Calamity Wayne who's accent was as impenetrable as his goalkeeping was oeverrated. Mind you at least he seemed a cheerful chap, almost liked him!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
For me not enough goals. The interviews are great but not worth 30.00. Also dont like the fact that you have the borders when it comes to the goals. Like a box set of 24 or Boardwalk Empire it should have been six hrs and evert goal from those years. 6/10.

Did you want them to go back and recreate all the goals so they could be shot in widescreen format then? Ridiculous thing to say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports