Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wire

Alfie22

Mar 12, 2008
I've just finished watching the full 5 series box set on and off over the last couple of months and I get the whole "one of the best programmes ever" thing, but have to say I was distinctly under-whelmed by the final series. Did anybody else think the same? For me, series 3 (Stringer taking over while Avon was inside) was the stand out.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I've just finished watching the full 5 series box set on and off over the last couple of months and I get the whole "one of the best programmes ever" thing, but have to say I was distinctly under-whelmed by the final series. Did anybody else think the same? For me, series 3 (Stringer taking over while Avon was inside) was the stand out.

The only one that I thought was weak was season 2, when Omar gets it in the final season I was devastated.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I thought it peaked in Season 2, with Season 3 a close second.

I liked the way it jumped around different aspects of the Baltimore underworld while constantly revolving in general around the central theme. Some superb performances from actors and gripping story lines all in all a great watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here