Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Winner Of The "Stupidest Booking Of The Season" Award Is....

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
If it was any player other than Barnes who got that yellow, nobody would say a word.

This. The 'passion' that Barnes is showing right now (as indeed he normally does) is something we need at present. Our concerns should be in other, more evident areas which need to be addressed pretty smartish I would suggest. The lack of flair around the box, creativity, a midfield that appears to not know what the other teammates are doing.
Still, there are positives though!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If it was any player other than Barnes who got that yellow, nobody would say a word.

Not true for me! I am a great fan of Barnes, but whilst we have this totting up system of bookings leading to a ban then getting yourself booked for being petulant is just brainless!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not having that.

Not true for me! I am a great fan of Barnes, but whilst we have this totting up system of bookings leading to a ban then getting yourself booked for being petulant is just brainless!
I was just about the only person ambivalent towards Barnes.

His childish petulance cost us last season, that edged me into the anti-Barnes camp.
To then show more childish petulance in what has become a similar situation, makes it easy to point out he's a wally.

Anyone prepared to bet against Barnes receiving a straight red, on Saturday?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I didn't realise last night that was Barnes third yellow.
Fingers crossed he does feel aggrieved 2 more times in the up and coming weeks.

It was a stupid booking that could have bigger implications.
So you hope that he gets 2 more bookings and is banned....er! good thinkung Batman...not!,,,our last remaining striker and you want him off...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So you hope that he gets 2 more bookings and is banned....er! good thinkung Batman...not!,,,our last remaining striker and you want him off...
Slight typo 'fingers crossed he DOESN'T get'....

Nevertheless he was still stupid enough to put the possibility out there, who's to say it won't happen again, and again.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Whilst it's frustrating when teams waste time it's up to us to break them down. Kirkland (nearly) did what he's paid fto do - keep the ball out of the net for 90 minutes.

Yeah, but that was as much to do with us not really challenging him as it was to do with him performing. He had an easy night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here