The "will he/won't he Noone to Cardiff" thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Shame, but he has neither the end product of Buckley or the pure pace of LuaLua, so, given we only play one winger, he won't be missed as sorely as some might think.

f*** OFF

Buckley is doing well at the moment but he is reliant on pace the same as lua lua.noone gives us a different option where he uses skill to beat a player.
The more options we have the better we will be.before he got injured noone had been 1 of our best players this season so why would we want to sell him

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Agree..amazing player,lousy singer,danm nice guy...if true it would be a shame but at least the fee is more reasonable now from that derisory first offer of £450,000...if he goes...good luck Nooney.

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
If Noone has gone to you then that's football - good luck to you!

Bluebird on behalf of all Brighton fans well done for denying the Palace scum the chance of a Wembley appearance and sincerely hope you do the dirty scousers!

We of course had our own superb result against the geordies today and hopefully will get a result against the scum tuesday night . . .

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I will go against the grain here and say if we get anything approaching £1m for Noone we will have done well,if the player is happy to go to a good Cardiff sqaud so be it,do we need to sell? perhaps not but does Craig have potential or has he reached his level,however good he may be,what of his injury?perhaps nothing,could we do better,well of course,but should we sell? if we sell,we sell for a reason,i am one for keeping players,but unhappy players must be let go,however in this instance is Craig unhappy?perhaps not,is his wife/partner happy and settled? this can often be a reason for a player to make a move......so many factors,we must move on and i trust Gus to find a replacement.

If Craig remains at Brighton,it's still a win win situation.....we will recoup upto 3 times our outlay......the Gus bus rolls forward..

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Keep posting tosser, cos if Noonie reads this, and sees what sort of wankers follow Cardiff, then he will turn the move down like a shot.

Bluebird99

Jan 7, 2012
If Noone has gone to you then that's football - good luck to you!

Bluebird on behalf of all Brighton fans well done for denying the Palace scum the chance of a Wembley appearance and sincerely hope you do the dirty scousers!
We of course had our own superb result against the geordies today and hopefully will get a result against the scum tuesday night . . .

Great to talk to a mature fan. Firstly, massive well done on the result today and trust me, after Dougies poor attempts at mind games, you you will have one extra Brighton fan that night. Someone take a sling shot for that bloody bird they let fly around!

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
f*** OFF

Buckley is doing well at the moment but he is reliant on pace the same as lua lua.noone gives us a different option where he uses skill to beat a player.
The more options we have the better we will be.before he got injured noone had been 1 of our best players this season so why would we want to sell him

Fair enough. Sportsmans bet that both KLL and Buckley are playing at a higher level than Noone in 5 seasons time?
Beating a player is fine, but you have to actually do something with the ball.
EDIT. I don't for one second think Nooney is crap, i just think we have other, better options and perhaps he doesn't fit in with Poyets style of play quite as much as we'd like.
People think we have an endless amount of money, and maybe we do, but anyone would be mad to turn down close to a mil for a guy likely to be on the bench more than starting.

Last edited:

Bluebird99

Jan 7, 2012
Anyway, I'm off for the night now lads and ladettes! I will be back tomorrow evening, enjoy the next 20 hours or so won't you!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Noone loving the Albion, he will get plenty of interest from big Premership clubs. Will be amazed if he leaves at present, especially when we will invest further in the team.

Gus bus is on the move, all aboard.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Not sure it is rubbish. He does has something different, but when fit he would be third choice. So, it's perhaps a luxury we don't need at the moment.
If, for the money reported, we sign Wallace and Vokes, i'd say it's a VERY good bit of business.
We can't promise him first team football and he doesn't play a position that lends itself to Poyet's formation and style of play.
Just my opinion like.

Unfortunately, our opinions on Noone himself differ, but our opinion overall is exactly the same. It would be good business, considering the squad we have available and the players we want to bring in, it would make sense. It's just a shame, I think he's our most exciting player by quite some way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports