Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The West Pier

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
would have probably held a firework display on it and burnt it down, or crashed a boat into it or something. lucky escape for the pier.

It's current state would make an amazing structure for a fireworks display.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Agreed. I went on a tour of the then derelict pier many moons ago and at that point it was worth saving. Now there's nothing to save. Leave be and let it stand as a monument to the Trust's inability to actually ever do something.

I thought it was the Palace(Brighton) pier that had put a stop to any work being carried at on the west pier on any grants, as they thought it unfair as they had to pay for any upgrade/repairs themselves.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I thought it was the Palace(Brighton) pier that had put a stop to any work being carried at on the west pier on any grants, as they thought it unfair as they had to pay for any upgrade/repairs themselves.

The Noble Organisation ( such an inappropriate name ! ) did indeed object but I'm not aware they ever succeeded in preventing the Trust from doing anything ( or in reality, nothing ). As part of the tour I became a member of the trust and I don't think I've ever seen such an amateurish and self obsessed organisation. It doesn't surprise me at all that they failed to save the pier.

That said, Noble are no better in many ways and burnt down the West Pier and set fire to their own ( allegedly ). They couldn't care less for the people or history of this city as is proven by their pathetic attempt to rename the Palace Pier.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I like it.

would have probably held a firework display on it and burnt it down, or crashed a boat into it or something. lucky escape for the pier.
Yeah, just imagine if it had been burnt down - phew

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
The fact that the remains of the West Pier were put in the front of this years Brighton Marathon medal just goes to show what an icon it has become.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I remember the rumour that Chris Eubank was going to buy it many years ago.

I'd be quite happy to sell it to him now, allowing him to refurbish it a tad, before carrying out an operation on him on the day we gave him the keys removing his ability to swim. Deliveries would be parachuted to him in dropping jodphurs and on his new lonely and glittering throne he'd stay, howling sorrowfully through the night, desperate for attention, and spending most of the day in Eubank pose and waving to anyone on the beachfront who'd accidentally glance out at him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd be quite happy to sell it to him now, allowing him to refurbish it a tad, before carrying out an operation on him on the day we gave him the keys removing his ability to swim. Deliveries would be parachuted to him in dropping jodphurs and on his new lonely and glittering throne he'd stay, howling sorrowfully through the night, desperate for attention, and spending most of the day in Eubank pose and waving to anyone on the beachfront who'd accidentally glance out at him.
Jim'll paint it for you Jim'll Paint It

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
The Noble Organisation ( such an inappropriate name ! ) did indeed object but I'm not aware they ever succeeded in preventing the Trust from doing anything ( or in reality, nothing ). As part of the tour I became a member of the trust and I don't think I've ever seen such an amateurish and self obsessed organisation. It doesn't surprise me at all that they failed to save the pier.

That said, Noble are no better in many ways and burnt down the West Pier and set fire to their own ( allegedly ). They couldn't care less for the people or history of this city as is proven by their pathetic attempt to rename the Palace Pier.

Agree The Noble Organisation were/are a horrible bunch, but sure I remember reading back then that the Nobile family objecting at any opportunity, as for the trust im sure they could have done more back then such a shame at losing our second pier.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's very iconic to Brighton. Why remove it?!

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
WHOEVER burned it down :whistle: It's also a constant reminder for them of their cuntwattery, like being stalked by the ghost of your murder victim.

Loving that word, I shall try and use it in conversation

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not many of us can say we've been on both piers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here