Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "West Brom cup game - waiting for the upper tiers" thread *** all areas open! ***

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I honestly think they know what they are doing.

Opening up areas in stages creates a very effective illusion of ticket scarcity that makes the match seem more appealing and encourages people to get their tickets bought.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
.............. and the disabled seats at the very front with loads of legroom are now available to all - great view here, bargain

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
366 left in WSU - still going at a precise rate of 40 an hour !! Brighton Ticket Team take a bow - you've pitched the whole thing exactly right . There'll be a few tomorrow and we should break the 29,000 barrier

In what way has the sale been "exactly right" compared with putting every seat on sale on day one?

Opening up areas in stages creates a very effective illusion of ticket scarcity that makes the match seem more appealing and encourages people to get their tickets bought.

Hmmmm....

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In what way has the sale been "exactly right" compared with putting every seat on sale on day one?

Personally, I don’t like sitting next to lots of empty seats. It feels sparse lifeless. Potentially, and few thousand empty seats dotted around the stadium could kill the atmosphere in some of the stands.

In addition, you want your ticket sales (due to selling resources and planning for things like security & catering) spread as evenly as possible over the sales period. Introducing a stand by stand approach reduces the risk of a last minute stampede for thousands of tickets in the last day or two.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Personally, I don’t like sitting next to lots of empty seats. It feels sparse lifeless. Potentially, and few thousand empty seats dotted around the stadium could kill the atmosphere in some of the stands.

In addition, you want your ticket sales (due to selling resources and planning for things like security & catering) spread as evenly as possible over the sales period. Introducing a stand by stand approach reduces the risk of a last minute stampede for thousands of tickets in the last day or two.

Then why did they put the whole stadium on sale for day 1 for the Palace cup game last season, when anyone who has their finger on the pulse of fan sentiment could have told you it was going to be a very low attendance?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Ummm... you must hate the last 10mins of matches at The Amex then.

There was never going to be a significant number of empty seats, priced at £15/5 on a Saturday afternoon. The club is still basing its FA Cup ticket policy on the Palace match. Utterly ridiculous.

Yes, you can see why that benefits the club. But let's not pretend the conservative, stand-by-stand policy benefits fans in any way.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Exactly - why annoy the thousands of loyal fans who wanted their own seat in the upper tiers, quite understandably. I neither expect or even want the club to lose dosh on matches, and have happily moved to other areas, when it was obvious that the opposition or occasion was such that the ground would not be full. But on this occasion it was utterly predictable that the crowd would be such that all areas would be needed, and there was clearly scope for new fans as several hundred seats are still unsold - again entirely predictable. Great that the ground is again virtually sold out, but am not happy (and I am NOT a moaner) as to how it is has worked -so unnecessary.

but they all couldn’t have their own seats could they? simply for the fact that ST could buy more than their own seat, so, if the person who normally sits next to you bought 2 tickets before you, chances are that your seat would not be available to you??

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

Hmmmm....

Additionally the club would save on staff costs for each unopened area and the caterers would not have to stock every outlet with pies etc !

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Whilst you may well be right in terms of business acumen, this really does not stack up with regard to today's rubbish of a game. Everyone knew that the attendance would be as it was - so why wind up the thousands of season ticket holders unnecessarily, as there was plenty of scope for new fans to get tickets.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I got rained on in the East Stand Upper.

Looking forward to heading home to the (dry) WSU.

This, I'm never leaving the WSU again. I understand that there were a lot of new people and kids present today but I'm not sure anyone in my area of the West lower gave a monkeys about the game. And the queues to get out at full time were a complete joke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here