Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Walking Dead

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Presumably they hadn't yet decided when they filmed it, they want to see what the audience's reaction is and decide later. Which is really lame.

I liked the series, but didn't think much of the last episode. Everyone in the group, including the experienced tracker Daryl, was out-maneuvered by the other group. They'd suddenly find themselves surrounded despite having seen no one. Then at the end, no matter where they drove, the other group were there waiting, and when they decided to go on foot, they just happened to do it right by where the entire other gang were sitting waiting - and again, they don't hear the other group taking or anything, they just find themselves surrounded. I can suspend my disbelief for the walkers having limitless energy, but this was all a bit much.

Once they were caught though, it was good.

It wasn't as successful as it could have been of conveying the enormity of Rick's defeat. Mentally Rick had started to feel untouchable, they had beaten everything thrown at them, the prison, nearly being lunch at Terminus, the Wolves, etc. etc. His little talk to Maggie for me was a bit obvious 'we can beat anything' but I guess they were trying to show not only was he beaten, that he had underestimated what else was out there by just a massive amount. There they were in their RV thinking they were invincible, and this group had enough people to cover every single road and track, were able to track and eventually trap them. As you've said it didn't quite play out as well as it could have done, I thought it was a bit long and contrived to get to that point, but I also thought Andrew Lincoln did a great job of expressing the bottom falling out of Rick's world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here