Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Victor Gyokeres thread.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Might well depend on your pc / OS / browser combination and what you have installed. On both Chrome and Edge it's fine. The pound sign shouldn't be in the browser URL, it should convert to %A as below. Does the thread url below work?

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?375885-Liverpool-target-Ben-White-for-%A320m
Yes, that works fine - as does manually amending the URL, which is a bit of a faff. As you can see, I'm not the only one who gets this - it appears to be something that affects IE; of course, some people (those on work computers for instance) might not have the option to change their browsers.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes, that works fine - as does manually amending the URL, which is a bit of a faff. As you can see, I'm not the only one who gets this - it appears to be something that affects IE; of course, some people (those on work computers for instance) might not have the option to change their browsers.

Whilst that is a PITA, in reality Microsoft has every intention of killing IE. As software and OSs evolve, more and more of this is likely to occur as websites adapt to supported browsers.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Internet Explorer? 1998 called- they want their browser back :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Internet Explorer? 1998 called- they want their browser back :)

Which is a shame. Millions of people use it, it works fine - but now people are starting to mess with it. Is it some kind of IT snobbery? Guess so - all the smart people currently using Firefox or Google Chrome will doubtless be mocked in a few years time. Maybe even sooner than that!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Which is a shame. Millions of people use it, it works fine - but now people are starting to mess with it. Is it some kind of IT snobbery? Guess so - all the smart people currently using Firefox or Google Chrome will doubtless be mocked in a few years time. Maybe even sooner than that!

Just a joke, GT. Who's messing with it though? I know it's been discontinued by Microsoft since the launch of Edge but I think they're still maintaining it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just a joke, GT. Who's messing with it though? I know it's been discontinued by Microsoft since the launch of Edge but I think they're still maintaining it.
I've found a couple of websites recently which do not support IE any more; one day I could use them, the next day they had an update and bye bye IE - if that is a trend that continues people will be forced away from it.

Dec 29, 2011

Are you using IE? Which version?

Dec 29, 2011
I've found a couple of websites recently which do not support IE any more; one day I could use them, the next day they had an update and bye bye IE - if that is a trend that continues people will be forced away from it.

Try changing the URL encoding in your browser. Other browsers use UTF while IE seems to use ISO. In your browser go to view -> encoding and see what it says. Select 'auto select' or UTF-8 and see if anything happens.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/auto-select-language-encoding-setting-internet-explorer

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I can guarantee Spence is not a Palace goon. He was at Withdean, and in the north stand at the Amex, before moving to the west stand.
He might be wrong in his opinions, and miserable, but he isn't a Palace fan.

I think you must be joking. If you look at all his comments he must hate the Albion. All comments are negative to our club. Many people must have him on ignore and I believe he has been banned. Is that correct?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Off to Hamburg in a couple of weeks. Would love to see a St Pauli game and they are at home in the DFB Pokal v Eintract but alas tickets long sold out. There’s some on Stubhub but that’s against the ethos of the club (and 500 euros each!!)...for a midweek cup game...mad

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Are you using IE? Which version?
No idea! Whatever version was installed on my laptop when I bought it.

Try changing the URL encoding in your browser. Other browsers use UTF while IE seems to use ISO. In your browser go to view -> encoding and see what it says. Select 'auto select' or UTF-8 and see if anything happens.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/auto-select-language-encoding-setting-internet-explorer
Thanks for taking the trouble - I've tried it, but to no avail. I'll just have to modify the URL for a few threads on here. I suppose if too many sites stop supporting IE I'll have to switch to Firefox or something, but as an ageing not-very-IT sort of person I'd much rather stay where I am if I can!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Should have known better, I thought I was going to learn new things about how Gyokeres is getting on.
There is a Victor Gyokeres thread - probably on page 3 or 4 by now - this is a thread about the Victor Gyokeres thread and the problems some NSCers have when trying to get on it! :)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
AFC Eskilstuna just signed his girlfriend, Amanda Nildén, from Brighton. Think its a pretty big indicator Viktor might be off as well.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
AFC Eskilstuna just signed his girlfriend, Amanda Nildén, from Brighton. Think its a pretty big indicator Viktor might be off as well.

You should have posted this on the thread about Viktor Gyokeres. This thread is about the VG thread. I was contemplating starting a new thread about this thread, and all of the confusion it seems to be causing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Sad news, this.

(Not the bit about what it means for Viktor - just that fact we’ve lost the lovely Amanda :love: :down: )

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

Except he has had a relatively decent season in the German 2nd division. Would be a HUGE backward step for a 22 year old Swedish international to return the the Swedish league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here