Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The US Open

abepoyet

Aug 13, 2010
With The US Open only days away where is your money going?
Dustin Johnson at 28/1 to win outright and 7/1 to be in the top 5. I know where my money is going!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Garcia 66/1, straight hitter, coming back to form and its the 1st major since Seve passed... weird coincidental shit happens like that is my hunch.
Im also on Mcdowell who is ridiculously priced for a defending champion in my mind after 1 bad round.
And Rickie Fowler at 66s also.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Saw Mcdowell was 50/1 when i last looked and thought he must be worth a punt, i think that Overton at 150/1 is a good shout for an each way or a seperate top 5 finish and lastly i think Poulter at 66/1 has got to win a major soon surely?

There the bets i am gonna put on, just not sure how much etc. yet!!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
With The US Open only days away where is your money going?
Dustin Johnson at 28/1 to win outright and 7/1 to be in the top 5. I know where my money is going!

He's at an attractive price but that is 100% based on the fact he bombs it - by that logic Quiros, Bubba Watson or Colsearts are good shouts. I still can't see it myself - there seems to be a growing trend that the more accurate (but not neccessarily long) pros are suddenly dominating.

Having said that, I think the Congressional will be too long for Donald but would get on him if you can get a decent price as a top 10 guarantee. Man can do no wrong. Cabrera, Fran Molinari, KJ Choi & David Toms are my other four (outside) picks.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Garcia 66/1, straight hitter, coming back to form and its the 1st major since Seve passed... weird coincidental shit happens like that is my hunch.
Im also on Mcdowell who is ridiculously priced for a defending champion in my mind after 1 bad round.
And Rickie Fowler at 66s also.

Don't think Sergio will do it - he is playing a bit better than he was, and apparently enjoying it again, but he's not at the level to win it - he shot an 11 on one hole last week. The Europeans are doing well, and I can imagine Donald doing ok, Gmac has taken it a bit easy this year so can't see him in it. Personally I would quite like Casey to do well.

Oatway4England

Mar 17, 2011
Overton @ 300/1
Massenero @ 110/1
Kaymer @ 29/1

All prices with Betfair and will lay if price goes in for a free bet. Simple really :)

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Overton @ 300/1
Massenero @ 110/1
Kaymer @ 29/1

All prices with Betfair and will lay if price goes in for a free bet. Simple really :)

Kaymer's not played well all year, but Manassro has been doing quite well. It was quite upsetting for my own game two weeks ago to see Jeff Overton drive 340 yards - only to be outdriven by his playing partner by 44 yards !

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I've only just seen that the Westwood, Donald & Kaymer have all been drawn in the same grouping. That'll be a fantastic three-ball, and they'll probably all bring the best out of each other.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Here's my stabs for the US Open in order of preference (have backed these in the last 2 weeks mainly before Tiger withdrew)....

Steve Stricker 40/1
Dustbin Johnson 37/1
Matt Kuchar 40/1
Brandt Snedeker 69/1
Martin Kaymer 25/1
Mark Wilson 179/1
Kevin Streelman 199/1

Stricker - won last time out on a similar course, had top 10s in the US Open before and must go close here. 40/1 is long gone though.
Dustbin - could have won 2 majors last year including the US Open. This course will suit his long bombing, if he keeps his head which has seemed to improved this season, he can win. 4 top 10s this season and a major winner waiting to happen.
Kuchar - Steady, been in good form all season without quite winning (7 top 10s incl 5 top 5s) and ready to step up to win a major.
Snedeker - playing well this season (won once), two top 10s in US Opens and another ready to step up to win a major.
Kaymer - backed him when he was the best player in the world earlier in the year. Since then his left arm has fallen off and can't see him winning now, but you never know.
Wilson - won twice already this season, 7th last time out so still playing well. His odds are about double what they should be.
Streelman - who !!! Top 10 in last two tournaments and led after round 1 of the 2008 US Open - complete stab in the dark.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Luke Donald is a class act and would love to see him win, short price though. Outsiders worth a punt, Rikki Fowler, Adam Scott, Anthony Kim and Fran Molinari

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Outsiders worth a punt, Rikki Fowler, Adam Scott, Anthony Kim and Fran Molinari

I've wasted so much money on Scott winning majors over the last few years that I can't face it any more. Which obviously means he'll bloody do it this time... :jester:

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Can't be having Donald or Westwood as they just don't get the job done on a Sunday in a Major - their prices are a joke. Wouldn't be surprised if they both finished top 10 after flattering to decieve yet again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here