Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The US Open tennis 2016

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Nishikori beats Murray. :clap:

A few red faces as the Japanese star reaches the semis.

Murray's to lose? :lolol:

I just hope Wawrinka v Del Potro goes five sets too.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I don't fancy your bets. Nishikori is nowhere near in form to be winning this, and there are several better players than him anyway. As for Agie Radwanska, I like her a lot, but she struggled to get past Broady, so I wouldn't fancy her chances much, she doesn't have the game some of them do.

On the mens, the only one really in form is our boy, the others are all below par in one way or another. Rafa is not quite there, low on confidence, and still problems with his wrist. Djok is playing his way back, but he doesn't look quite there yet. Stan W is always a mystery, can be brilliant, can throw in a wobbler. Del Po is nearly back at his old self but I don't think quite up to this one - but he could prove me wrong. I've heard some of the commentators says it's Murrays to lose, but I don't like thinking like that - I just hope he can pull it off.

On the womens side, well you'd be a fool to look past Serena, she really, really wants to overtake Steffi Grafs record, but having said that she is more than capable of having a shocker - and the shorter format of the womens game is unforgiving. Konta can beat anyone on her day, if she's recovered from Wednesday, she may go deep into the tournament, but can't see her winning it - but I'm sure she will win a slam, she is a real player, and getting better.

Really?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've got up to find the tennis is still on! Crazy! Looks like Stan Wawrinka is finally going to prevail.

And does - Nishikori v Wawrinka in the semi.

Last edited:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Murray had a temper tantrum during the match when the sound system on the tannoy disrupted a break point. I'd like to put it up but can't. Scottish brat.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Men's semi-finals tonight.

8pm (BST) Novak Djokovic v Gael Monfils.
Midnight (BST) Stan Wawrinka v Kei Nishikori.

I'm nervous as a kitten tonight with Nishikori needing the win to land my each-way part of my 25/1 bet. Shame it's on so late with football tomorrow. I've covered my bet by putting some money on Wawrinka. Nishikori is the bookies favourite.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Djokovic was two sets up but Monfils pulls one back. Great atmosphere. Battery about to go on my tablet. Agh!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Murray must be looking back at this one as a big lost opporunity. He was the form horse coming in and Novak was not 100%. He should have been capable of beating Nish and Wawrinka.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Murray must be looking back at this one as a big lost opporunity. He was the form horse coming in and Novak was not 100%. He should have been capable of beating Nish and Wawrinka.

Winning 7 matches in a row to win a grand slam gives absolutely no margin for error, one poor set, one poor match and its over. To make it to three finals, winning one, is a fantastic achievement. US Open is a joke tournament anyway, its the lowest of the 4 with the slack organisation and poor running. Had the umpire not stopped the point as Murray was about to go 3-1 up in the fourth set then it might have been completely different.

Brilliant from Wawrinka though beating the cheat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here