Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The unofficial Transfer Deadline Day thread - *WARNING* likely to be prem heavy

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Roland Rat has signed for West Ham seemly!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Whilst I agree with you, it isn't that laughable. Remember Andrei Arshavin?

That was 2009 though. £15m got you something then and Arshavin, although good was nothing compared to Ozil.

As an example, Newcastle want £20m for Cabaye. Everton want £25m+ for Felleini. Wigan now want £15m for James MCcarthur.(!!!). Zaha cost £15m

Ozil is a class above . I'm amazed Madrid are even willing to let him go, even at that price.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
That was 2009 though. £15m got you something then and Arshavin, although good was nothing compared to Ozil.

As an example, Newcastle want £20m for Cabaye. Everton want £25m+ for Felleini. Wigan now want £15m for James MCcarthur.(!!!). Zaha cost £15m

Ozil is a class above . I'm amazed Madrid are even willing to let him go, even at that price.

That's the main thing I've noticed in this transfer window. The price inflation has been absolutely staggering. £15m used to get you a world-class player. Now all it seems it will get you is a decent squad player at best.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lol::lol::lolol::lol::lol:

[tweet]374556114433880064[/tweet]

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
BBC Sport's Andy Cryer reports that Burnley are being frustrated in their attempts to sign Brighton striker Ashley Barnes, 23. The Clarets have had two offers rejected today after making a first bid last month.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
That's the main thing I've noticed in this transfer window. The price inflation has been absolutely staggering. £15m used to get you a world-class player. Now all it seems it will get you is a decent squad player at best.

this also happened a few years ago don't forget, transfer fees seem to go through a period of boom and then fall back again.

a lot of massive managerial changes have happened this summer, with big clubs all over the world having a change, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Man Utd, Man city, Chelsea etc etc etc. They are all going to want new players and because there is demand for these players this year the prices skyrocket.

Aug 23, 2011
I think Stephen Ireland has just signed for stoke. Didn't quite a few on here not think he was good enough for us or is it more the attitude they didn't like?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
FRAUD?
Spanish football writer Andy West: "Some bizarre reports coming out regarding United's collapsed Herrera deal. Apparently a group of men claiming to be United representatives spent an hour at the La Liga offices in Madrid today, but it turns out they had nothing to do with the club and were presumably just attempting to get a cut of the deal in an elaborate fraud.

"Must be stressed these are just rumours but the Spanish media have published pictures of men in black suits - supposedly the United "representatives" - coming out of the league offices carrying briefcases.

"All very strange and no doubt the truth will come out in the next few days."

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Transfer Deadline Day is starting to get as monotonous as Christmas is once you get to adulthood. Very little excitement really.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well, that's that, Ozil to the Gunners and not much else. Boring.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
From Manchester. It is either Kevin Webster or some other berk that has committed a Fellaini.
11c5fz7.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here