Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
right I'm off, bit of work and then (hopefully) some cricket

:wave:

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Carnage at sussex

Manager just come back. Read not happy with Mushy over appealing, given out, slams his stuff into the chaingrooms, then comes steaming out the changing rooms onto the pitch to confront mushy about it!!! not happy and gets led away from the pitch!!! could be an interesting afternoon down at HQ!!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Silver flying chariot said:
Carnage at sussex

Manager just come back. Read not happy with Mushy over appealing, given out, slams his stuff into the chaingrooms, then comes steaming out the changing rooms onto the pitch to confront mushy about it!!! not happy and gets led away from the pitch!!! could be an interesting afternoon down at HQ!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Off! Off! Off! Off!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I love the bearded little genius :clap2:

Half Man Half Biscuit

Oct 10, 2003
Hove
I've just come back from HQ myself. Mushy had a two minute chat with the umpire at the end of the previous over as he was unhappy with a decision not going his way. Then in his next over Mushy got Chris Read out LBW. Read then had words with the umpire on his way back to the pavilion and then after throwing his stuff about came down to confront Mushy who was fielding just in front of the pavilion and had to be ushered back by the Notts staff. Chris Adams then went into the pavilion to have a word.

I have never seen anything like it! Great stuff from Sussex this morning.

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Just because someone appeals, doesnt mean the umpires need to give them out. FFS, these are professional umpires.

Read throwing his toys out of his pram is funny though, silly sod :lolol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
SMASH him MUSHY!

Hang on, over appealing? Read was only in for FIVE balls.
Silly bastard.

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Read, lost his wicket, his temper and his England place

Such a shame :lolol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
From Sussex website...

All sorts of fun and games here!

Started with Mushy over that went:-

Ball 1 - 4 over long off
Ball 2 - 4 over square leg
Ball 3 - huge lbw appeal - turned down
Ball 4 - huge lbw appeal - turned down
Ball 5 - huge lbw appeal - given by umpire Burgess
Ball 6 - huge appeal against Read for catch close in - mass celebrations and high fives - appeal turned down

Followed by 2 minute conversation between Mushy and umpire Burgess ending with Mushy proferring his hand to the ump.

Next Mushy over (or was it 2 overs later) Read given out lbw after another huge appeal - has word with umpire Burgess as he trudges off - gets to the top of the dressing room steps and hurls his equipment, stomps off to changing rooms. When Mushy finishes his over and assumes his fielding position in front of the dressing room he is harangued by Read and a 'discussion' developments. Skipper sees what is happening and runs off. Meanwhile Read is being led away up the steps by Bicknell (I think). Skipper goes up the steps where Read is now having a 'conversation' with a spectator down below. Things quickly subside after that.

Meanwhile another wicket for Mushy again lbw given by Burgess!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Half Man Half Biscuit said:
I've just come back from HQ myself. Mushy had a two minute chat with the umpire at the end of the previous over as he was unhappy with a decision not going his way. Then in his next over Mushy got Chris Reed out LBW. Reed then had words with the umpire on his way back to the pavilion and then after throwing his stuff about came down to confront Mushy who was fielding just in front of the pavilion and had to be ushered back by the Notts staff. Chris Adams then went into the pavilion to have a word.

I have never seen anything like it! Great stuff from Sussex this morning.

Imagine what Adams said to Read

"Dont you dare step on to my pitch once you are out you piece of shit"

Any alternatives to keep the lunch break interest going?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
_39333346_ahmed300.jpg

:clap:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think Read's just thrown away the chance of an England comeback this season - that little tantrum won't have gone down well.

Should be a bit tasty out there this afternoon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here