Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Unofficial Pimms, Strawberries and New Balls Thread

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Brilliant stuff. Love tennis matches like that. Murray has got balls of steel. Fantastic fighter.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I remember verdasco from a few years back & he was decent but I didn't think he could was that good.
Hats off to Murray

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Garry Richardson. As ever, completely inane and sounds as though he's never watched a tennis match outside of Wimbledon.

Seemed like he was tripping over his words. Well aware that he was talking absolute nonsense.

"Do you er think that Fergy might come into your changing room er and give you the hair dryer treatment?". WTF

Andrew Castle is another complete waste of space.

Great comeback from Murray.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Well this first ladies semi final ain't gonna last much longer. Flipkens getting mullered. 6-1 3-0 at the moment in less than half an hour, although she does seem to be struggling with her knee.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Well this first ladies semi final ain't gonna last much longer. Flipkens getting mullered. 6-1 3-0 at the moment in less than half an hour, although she does seem to be struggling with her knee.

At least they're not really "grunters", so it's watchable. Bartoli looks to be almost home.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Gotta feel for Flipkens. Managed to break only for Bartoli to break back immediately.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Lisicki wins 9-7 in the deciding set having been a break down at one stage. Much like the Murray-Verdasco match yesterday, the match ebbed and flowed and Lisicki lost her serving rhythm completely in the 2nd set. She rediscovered it in the nick of time and despite Radwanska's energy around court, Lisicki just had enough. Although Bartoli hasn't dropped a set in getting to the final and must be an awkward player to come up against, if Lisicki brings her A game on Saturday, I think she will win.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Lisicki wins 9-7 in the deciding set having been a break down at one stage. Much like the Murray-Verdasco match yesterday, the match ebbed and flowed and Lisicki lost her serving rhythm completely in the 2nd set. She rediscovered it in the nick of time and despite Radwanska's energy around court, Lisicki just had enough. Although Bartoli hasn't dropped a set in getting to the final and must be an awkward player to come up against, if Lisicki brings her A game on Saturday, I think she will win.

Nice to have two different girls in a slam final. I quite like both of them, but if I was a betting man, I'd probably just go with Lisicki.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Lisicki has played with a smile on her face throughout the tournament. Unless she is a great actress she comes across as a nice, genuine person. Would like to see her lift the trophy on Saturday. Regardless of nationality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here