Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Unofficial Pimms, Strawberries and New Balls Thread

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
9 days ago Murray would have bitten your hand off for the next two opponents rather than Tsonga today and Federer/Nadal on Friday

He'd rather have faced them, yeah, but 'bitten your hand off'? Verdasco certainly is a far better player than a ranking of #54 suggests. Being that he is left handed though should suit Murray's game.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He's erratic with his serve. However, when it is working for him it is mightily effective for him on grass, as it was against Almagro in the 3rd round. He was less fluent against Melzer though. Kubot is more a conventional grass court player, so their quarter-final is a good match-up because of their contrasting styles.

And then you add the fact it is an Pole match and they'll both be determined to win it. Should be fantastic.

Del Potro closes it out, and rightly so. Ferrer was dire. Whether his knee will cope against Djokovic is questionable though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Murray loses first set 6-4 with a double fault and has just lost the first game to love in the second. He looks in poor form. :(

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I don't rate Janowicz, his game is error prone and he is constantly offering up a free point or two. I'd love to see Kubot win that quater - just for the laughs.

I keep checking that match to see if those Poles have put some scaffolding up and built a roof already on Number One court.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just took Murray to win 3-2 @ 12/5. Lets hope his BRIT qualities kick in soon.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's really struggling. Usually I would be confident that he will eventually find his groove and win this, but...
I know what you mean. He's just looking uncharacteristically sluggish, and from a break up, he's now a break down and will probably lose this set.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Two sets down now.

Murray: "what the f**k are you doing?"

*chuckle* Playing shit is the answer, Glenn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here