Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ultras debate

What do you think of ultras?

• Fully support what they are trying to do.

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • Supportive but have some problems with them.

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Fence.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Disagree with them but it can look good.

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Hate flags and all of it.

Votes: 11 17.5%

• Total voters

I'll be making my annual visit to FC United on Saturday, as usual I'll expect to see/hear

Almost everyone behind the goal singing

Plenty of flags

No "cringing"

NO ultras or "organized" singing, flag waving or drums, just lads, (and some older lads) that turn up, have a couple of pints, sing a few songs, cheer the team then go home again.

Their forum that evening will have more threads about the match than how great/mediocre/shit the atmosphere was. There's unlikely to be any cringing.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The one thing I love about English football, is the unorganised and spontaneity of the crowd. .

You mean what it used to be like before the hi-vis brigade, jobsworth councillors and H&S Nazis started their joint campaign to kill football culture in this country.?!!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They generate noise which helps the team, probably a good idea.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Personally I couldn't give a toss about them just as long as they leave me alone to watch the match. I do snigger at how up tight they get at any criticism .... get over it !!!!!!!

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I find it amusing anyone can be so precious and cynical about a group of lads who want to get behind the team. They might dress in black, wave flags, sing and dance to silly songs. But frankly WHO CARES??! They are hardly causing anyone any pain - and they're supporting the club (albeit differently to many 'stock' fans'). I say let them enjoy themselves - after all (whispers quietly), watching football is supposed to be an enjoyable experience NOT a study in social diversity...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Using the palace game last night as an example, I think it looks sh1t.

Yes they have one group of about 40 people that jump around like prats clap and make ooo noises and have some knuckle dragger who can bang, what i assume is, their own empty head.

But they also have the rest of the stadium who dont move, sing ect and this group only highlights that fact.

Nothing compared to our support. Tin-pot.

Using the palace game last night as an example, I think it looks sh1t.

Yes they have one group of about 40 people that jump around like prats clap and make ooo noises and have some knuckle dragger who can bang their own enpty head.

But they also have the rest of the stadium who dont move, sing ect and this group only highlights that fact.

Nothing compared to our support. Tin-pot.

Well the tv commentators and radio this morning seem to think its a fantastic atmosphere best in the premiership,but to be fair the don't get to hear aaaaaalllbbbiiiooon aaaalllbbbiioooon!:ffsparr:

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Well the tv commentators and radio this morning seem to think its a fantastic atmosphere best in the premiership,but to be fair the don't get to hear aaaaaalllbbbiiiooon aaaalllbbbiioooon!:ffsparr:

And since when have commentators had a clue what they are talking about going by the sh1t they come out with during games.

If you love it so much, f**k off up the A23 with the rest of the heard :moo::tosser:

BHAFC_SWC

honorary pierced weirdo
Feb 26, 2013
West Sussex
More than Barber and co would ever be willing to do at the Albion.

Unfair. Both the NSK & SWC have had support & an open dialogue with the club. No reason to think the club wouldn't support any reasonable request from Fan Groups to assist with the atmosphere, PB & TB have publicly stated as much.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Flags... no problem... in the pre-match, the SWC corner looks like the whole stadium should!

Songs... more organisation wouldn't go a miss! NSC should have a lyrics section, we should have well known triggers for certain songs, etc, etc. And we really need to try a North Stand, West Stand, South Stand, East Stand chant, rather than the to-and-fro of the North and the SWC.

Pyros... Rather not die in a fiery inferno thanks. Leave them for the professionals.

Drum... If there is a single thing that would drive me to cancel my ST, it wouldn't be relegation, it wouldn't be a price increase, it wouldn't even be the dire football we seem to have so often... it would be a f*cking drum.
Palace, Watford, all of them - horrible! It sounds dreadful, its ****ing annoying, it does nothing to actually generate noise (other than the noise of the drum itself). No, no, no!

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Imagine being one of the players walking out to a cauldron of noise, flags and passion. Certainly more inspiring than walking out to some polite clapping, save that for Wimbledon centre court. Can only help - all for it!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They generate noise which helps the team, probably a good idea.

I turned the wireless on for 5 minutes last night.
I had the misfortune to choose a time just a few minutes before palace equalized.

It turns out their 'ultras' only noticeably generated noise AFTER the goal.

Something that is perfectly natural at all football grounds, making me wonder why those mugs are afforded preferential treatment.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Can't stand Ultras. In my opinion we need to return to the days of men in overcoats and flatcaps drinking ale and occasionally looking over the tops of their newspapers to tut.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Exactly, we drone out very little if interest anymore, ... the North should lead, ...sadly they don't very often..... Partially because Barber has got the stewards killing any atmosphere as soon as it starts......I think his view is that if supporters are happy and clappy, they won't be putting their hands in their pockets to purchase comfort food and drink.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Singing is good.
Big flags can be good (see Germany) or can be awful (see that silly castle thing some kids made).
The name 'Ultras' is pathetic and embarrassing.
And you can stick that ****ing drum, up your arse.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Just make that top North west shelf an all singing all standing section because it hasn't been used at all this season for kids etc
Would be a good start to creating a better atmosphere in my opinion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here