Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ultimate REFERENDUM thread

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
His words are here if anyone cares to read them: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/21/as-your-friend-let-me-tell-you-that-the-eu-makes-britain-even-gr/

He doesn't really shy away from the fact that a Remain vote would be better for the US, though yes he does also make a case that it's better for the UK too.
I invite those Remainers who say it is OK for Obama to intervene in the EU referendum to confirm that they would be just as relaxed if he were urging us to leave.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I invite those Remainers who say it is OK for Obama to intervene in the EU referendum to confirm that they would be just as relaxed if he were urging us to leave.

I would have no objection to any leader or anyone else for that matter commenting on the issue. Isn't that free speech?

I might not agree with what they say but they can still say it.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

I can't see him changing that many minds to be honest. If you support Leave anyway then you'll probably just be annoyed that he's spoken up rather than convinced to change your mind. He's voicing an opinion but without having a significant effect. Similarly if he favoured Leave then most Remain supporters would probably be annoyed but not swayed.

I actually think Marine Le Pen campaigning for Leave will boost Remain more than Obama's words will.

D

Deleted member 22389

But he wouldn't. The point is the US wouldn't except their laws being made in say Brazil, and they certainly wouldn't except open borders with the rest of the Americas. It's the same when Piers Corbyn waded in to the Gun debate, remember, it didn't go down with that bloke in the studio and probably millions of pro Gun people.

I wouldn't want the PM sticking his nose in to Americas affairs. Actually it would be like Cameron saying to the Americans, I support open borders with Mexico, people would tell him to FOFF.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Farage's take on it:

"Look, I know his family’s background. Kenya. Colonialism. There is clearly something going on there. It’s just that you know people emerge from colonialism with different views of the British. Some thought that they were really rather benign and rather good, and others saw them as foreign invaders.Obama’s family come from that second school of thought and it hasn’t quite left him yet."

Wow.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Farage's take on it:

"Look, I know his family’s background. Kenya. Colonialism. There is clearly something going on there. It’s just that you know people emerge from colonialism with different views of the British. Some thought that they were really rather benign and rather good, and others saw them as foreign invaders.Obama’s family come from that second school of thought and it hasn’t quite left him yet."

Wow.
It's very difficult to understand what certain people may think although one thing is for sure and that's that a lot of countries are anti Britain because of the past and very much within the European Union as well.

You do get the feeling that numerous countries would love to see us go to pot and to destroy our sovereignty.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
dear Mr Obama
firstly I think you are an OK sort of guy.
but I would like to ask you a few questions
do any American citizens vote in the referendum on Europe.
would the USA give up its rights to detemine its own future.
would the USA have to go to other statesto ask to be allowed to trade with who its likes.
I think the answer to those questions will be NO, so why are you interfering.
so can I ask you politely to bugger off and mind your own business
have a nice day
It's because Cameron has done nothing but be his puppet and now Cameron's begged him to help....So desperate it's unreal.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
So we have Obama, Modi, New Zealand, Australia on one side and we have Putin and Le Pen on the other. Gentlemen, choose your sides.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
So Obama says the UK is at the back of the queue if we want to negotiate trade deals lol....what a pathetic man Obama is and basically he's threatened us.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It's because Cameron has done nothing but be his puppet and now Cameron's begged him to help....So desperate it's unreal.

So Obama says the UK is at the back of the queue if we want to negotiate trade deals lol....what a pathetic man Obama is and basically he's threatened us.

this could well go against the IN crowd

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Doubt it. The only people who seem upset are those who've already made their minds up to leave.
90% have made their minds up and maybe more....Most of the clap trap is to sway the few undecided.
Not sure if these two clowns are capable of looking beyond trade deals etc etc as the European Union is getting worse and worse and worse and will get far far worse.

D

Deleted member 22389

Project threat they are callling it on the Radio. I sometimes wonder what democracy means anymore, especially when the establishment gang up on people like this.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Project threat they are callling it on the Radio. I sometimes wonder what democracy means anymore, especially when the establishment gang up on people like this.

A bit like the tory spin machine at the last general election regarding the SNP and Labour potentially forming a coalition.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
So our nearest and dearest the USA have said we're suddenly irrelevant and bottom of the queue if we leave....You just couldn't make it up as we all know we will be nowhere near the bottom of the queue.

Pathetic comment

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
That's the worst thing I've seen so far by a country mile....but it will take years to leave the European Union anyway.
I can't believe how aggressive these twats are being and the threats are bloody disgusting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here