Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Tunnel Club (Part 2).

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Disappointing .... I thought this thread was going to relate to the late great Malcolm Hardee's infamous Tunnel Club near the entrance to the Rotherhithe Tunnel

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Are there any artists impressions or plans for this tunnel club? Im curious as to what it actually is. They cant just be making the sides of tunnel glass and charging extra for those seats.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
All the time PB states transport is nothing to do with them it will not improve
Agreed but other than put pressure on the bus and train companies I’m not sure what he can do. They both have much bigger issues than to service 20 matches a season despite what was”promised”. Similarly the farmer and Uni try to hold the club to ransom when they hold all the cards.
A major shift in political and council thinking, eg park and ride from Braypool, a bigger platform at Falmer, is required, but don’t hold your breath.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Are there any artists impressions or plans for this tunnel club? Im curious as to what it actually is. They cant just be making the sides of tunnel glass and charging extra for those seats.
I have not seen any but i am guessing that the way they are digging down they will be creating a new lounge and catering area under the seating which will have a glass window on one side looking into the tunnel and a stairway to directly access the seats above it. Though that being the case i am not sure how it will affect the regular seating in that area.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I have not seen any but i am guessing that the way they are digging down they will be creating a new lounge and catering area under the seating which will have a glass window on one side looking into the tunnel and a stairway to directly access the seats above it. Though that being the case i am not sure how it will affect the regular seating in that area.
I assumed they were revamping the “Dugout” and maybe tunnel access will be via the dugout ala “Tunnel Club”

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I assumed they were revamping the “Dugout” and maybe tunnel access will be via the dugout ala “Tunnel Club”
No, i think they will be two separate entities one on each side of the players entrance.
I thought maybe that someone on NSC might join the "Tunnel Club" and report back but then realised if they did so they would be breaking the first rule.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
No, i think they will be two separate entities one on each side of the players entrance.
I thought maybe that someone on NSC might join the "Tunnel Club" and report back but then realised if they did so they would be breaking the first rule.
Slippery slope before we see (at a price) access to the changing room and unused 9th sub club.

“Be part of the action and in the thick of it and officially sign for BHAFC on a one week deal. You will officially attend your own press conference and sign with the Chairman or CEO*on a lucrative 1 week deal**
You will then undertake general duties at Lancing for 5 days and be invited to 1 attempt of the cross bar challenge on Friday afternoon.
You will then report to the Amex around 11am on Matchday where you will be directed to your own peg, where you will change and basically remain quiet for the remainder of the experience***

At the end of the match you will have a photo opportunity with a player selected of our choice before officially being sacked for brining the club into disrepute.****

* From time to time (always) this may
be any member of staff
** Your contracted salary will be 3% of the fee you payed for the experience
*** any bench based “bantz” can be participated in but must not be instigated by yourself.
**** Sussex Live will offer the chance for you to tell your side of the story for an additional £399.

Wish 7pm would hurry up

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sure it will be good and club must have done homework to know there will be a demand. But personally would not pay a premium to watch football at that level. Certainly no attraction to see players in the tunnel. Best viewing is 1901 and east upper level

SteveU

May 31, 2022
IMO it's a shame the club is spending a small fortune (which they will no doubt recoup so I get it) on something for a few well heeled fans rather than concentrating minds (and maybe spending a bit of money) on improving the transport to/from the stadium on match days, which seems to be constantly brushed under the carpet.
Sadly, all the time the ground sells out, they won’t improve the transport links

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I know a thread already exists on the recent building work to construct the new hospitatlity area, (presumably finished now), but l have been unable to find it, so mods please merge if necessary.

I was simply wondering if any pics exist of how the area around the tunnel and dug out areas look now. Curious as to what my view of it will be from my seat in the Lower West when l return for the Arsenal game on New Year's Eve.
Well l have to say that Mr.Worried here was quite relieved to find when accessing his seat in W1G last night, that the view out accross the tunnel area was absolutely identical to what it used to be.

Has any work actually been completed yet? as l haven't seen any evidence of anything at all, despite the pictures of the groundwork and the crane et al on here.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Well l have to say that Mr.Worried here was quite relieved to find when accessing his seat in W1G last night, that the view out accross the tunnel area was absolutely identical to what it used to be.

Has any work actually been completed yet? as l haven't seen any evidence of anything at all, despite the pictures of the groundwork and the crane et al on here.
That just laid the foundations for the changes to be made in the summer

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ah ok, which is also when the outer concourse "fan zone" will be constructed l presume.
I think that Mr Barber has suggested (on the Roar maybe) that work on the stadium will be ongoing for the next 18 months or so. However, the “fan zone” might well be completed in the summer.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think that Mr Barber has suggested (on the Roar maybe) that work on the stadium will be ongoing for the next 18 months or so. However, the “fan zone” might well be completed in the summer.
Well lets face it, some outdoor pre-entry entertainment is badly overdue l think, the bandstand has now gone, along with most of the bands that played there, there is nowhere to shelter from inclement weather, (other than the superstore, or Dick's Bar), and no toilet facilities either.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

I’ve rebooked a stadium tour for next weekend so will report back

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tunnelaquarium.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here