Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Triangle-Burgess Hill

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Because if he doesn't live there it wouldn't be unsurprising that he doesn't know anyone that uses it! Living in Burgess Hill myself I know plenty of people that use the place. It is not the greatest place but if you want a swim it's ok. Plenty of people enjoy the gym and there are plenty of people using the hall for badders, volleyball etc. Not quite sure what people expect from a council owned leisure centre!

Agreed. Yesterday morning there were prob 15 people in the gym and everyone seemed to be doing their stuff. Same faces most of the time, I suspect like most gyms it has a 10-20% active membership and the rest are paying £200 a time to use the treadmill twice in January. Which is good, as it keeps the cost down for the rest of us and means it doesn't get too busy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thanks didnt know about walking through the houses as only ever driven to and from The Triangle and it takes more than 2 mins to drive to The Woolpack especially if the mobile speed cameras are near there, Is there an alley way there?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Thanks didnt know about walking through the houses as only ever driven to and from The Triangle and it takes more than 2 mins to drive to The Woolpack especially if the mobile speed cameras are near there, Is there an alley way there?

woolpack.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

The Sportsman is only a 2 min drive too............

We like the pool at the Triangle - particularly the outdoor rapids bit. Remember using it and bobbing around outside one New Years Eve a few years back. Fine in the lovely warm water, the unfortunate life guard on duty looked to be in the early stages of hypothermia!

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
We used to take the kids here regularly, and we all loved it; the outside bit, the waterfalls, flumes and tubs. Not been for a while since they grew up. Has it gone downhill in the last few years? If so, that's sad, as it used to be great imho.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Sportsman is only a 2 min drive too............

Remind me not to go in a car with you:lolol:

Ok, poss 3 mins in traffic, but it's about 1.5 miles.........

Bing a sceptical person by nature I had to check this out yesterday when going to Tesco and can confirm it is exactly 1 mile from Ther Triangle to The Sportsman and took just under 2 mins each way to and from, without stopping I might add.
According to the AA it is exactly one mile which, along a 60mph road shouldn't take long. Probably spend more time parking. However, not advocating drinking and driving.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I can't tell you happy I am...:)
Separately, the 'temporary gym' is now open at the Triangle while they do the full refit. It's very small - two of each cardio machines, handful of weights machines, free weights and not a huge amount of floor space. Time your visits carefully.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here