Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The transfer window opens in 17 days

Aren't the same FFP limits still in place for this and next season, it's the one after when they start to ease?

They remain the same for this season (ie £2M max loss + up to £4M of new equity). From 2015/16 it's £2M max loss + up to £11M of new equity per season; however from next season clubs will be assessed over a three year period during which it seems they will be permitted to exceed the annual £13M limit provided that, over the three year period, the total loss does not exceed £39M (ie £6M + £33M new equity)

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Why would any good player currently want to join Brighton? The team is in a relegation spot, seriously out of form and there is a very big question mark over the managers future - no player should find that an attractive proposition, especially when other clubs might also be showing interest in them.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Didn't we sign 7/8 player before end of August? Add to that all the loans and you will have to excuse me for not getting at all excited at the prospect of another transfer window, with the muppets in charge of the club's transfer dealings.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd rather we spent the money getting shot of Hyypia and employing an experienced manager who knows this division. The idea that we are going to buy more players for Hyypia to manage does not float my boat at all. No signings and a new manager would be preferable to me, although a new manager and some new players would be better.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
They remain the same for this season (ie £2M max loss + up to £4M of new equity). From 2015/16 it's £2M max loss + up to £11M of new equity per season; however from next season clubs will be assessed over a three year period during which it seems they will be permitted to exceed the annual £13M limit provided that, over the three year period, the total loss does not exceed £39M (ie £6M + £33M new equity)

Until they decide to move the goalposts again and clubs continue to do as they please with little punishment of any real consequence.

This FFP is all just a load of old bullshit really isn't it, to make it look like football is trying to get its house in order.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we keep SH I would hope to send back most of the loan players and sign players that Sami wants or if not Sami who ever, wants rather than have them put on the manager.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Well, seeing as we need a couple of big strong midfielders, I fully expect Burke to bring in a 5'8 striker.

The blokes name is so unbelievably apt.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
As I put on another thread, I'm now worried that the club/Bloom are going try to spend their way out of trouble. It didn't work with Adams and I can't see it working with Hyypia who has failed in a speculator way to get anything near the best out of the players he has to work with on a daily basis

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
That is true, but the club has left itself open to failure in order to get to this point.
Trading in the transfer window.

It's clearly (I say hopefully) going to spend so what's the minimum that'll have you saying 'I'll stand down, for now'.

For me I'd be pleased if the club went big money, proper big, on an attacking midfielder.
Even though that player of such value is unlikely to come to us, I can but dream.

No point spending if:-
- Hyypia is here
- Burke (or whoever the hell it is) is selecting the signings

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
17 days to the opening of the transfer window should be a helpful opportunity - but it's proximity also worries me. The Club's steadfast adherence to Hyypia - despite an awful run of form and no evidence that he has the ability to turn things around suggests he might be expected to fulfil his contract. That would be an interesting test of everyone's nerve and patience......

Based on what I have seen I cannot find any justification for giving him a transfer budget as he consistently fails to play our strongest players in the strongest formation and with the best tactics to suit the strengths of those players. Even if two or three marquee signings are made in the transfer window there are no guarantees that Sami would make good use of them.

OK he has been hampered by injuries to key players - as were Gus and Oscar, but they never flirted with relegation. Maybe Sami is frustrated that some of the actual transfer targets (now plying their trade at play off rivals) never arrived, for reasons beyond his control. However he has also received some talented signings and loanees, but somehow failed to extract the best from them. Worse still our decline under his tenure may actually deter some of the better loanees from staying - or even frighten off prospective new signings.

So why trust Sami with arresting our plummeting form, let alone give confidence that he would race us back up the table, ready for a play off push next season?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I find the sack Sami or do nothing approach a little odd.

Not that I'm advocating keeping Sami, I have seen the light (eventually :lol:).

But nevertheless having cut so much cloth to be in a position to be relevant in the transfer market, then not doing so would surely be crazy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here