[TV] The Traitors - BBC

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
1) What a gutless drip Jas is.
2) Ross is the thickest twat on the show. I'm glad his mum is out as I was finding their double act nauseating.
I suspect his mum was in there too because he shouldn't be allowed scissors or any sharp object without a parent or guardian present.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Thought last night's episode was brilliant. As much as Miles was shafted by the twist, he did make a right mess of the poisoning in the first place - made it very easy. Paul definitely overplaying things now, but somehow keeps getting away with it.

Harry, though - I think he's playing the game really, really well. I'm going against the grain a little here, I think he's right to want to recruit. As much as Paul has managed to avoid being banished so far, he's becoming a liability and I think Harry is looking ahead - if Paul is headed for a banishment, he needs someone else to bring to the end game. Or, alternatively, they need someone else that they can sacrifice to protect Paul if that's the way it needs to go. Harry's trying to give himself options that he simply doesn't have now Miles is gone.

A lot of interest tonight: who have they picked, and will they accept or decline?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It was fun, but it was totally unfair for the programme to stitch up Miles. Due to their decisions, he was removed. That's BS.

Then you'd be murdered pronto.

You'd think so, but they all think he's a hero.

But even that should draw its own suspicion - why is this hero still never getting murdered? They're all thick as shit (except Jas).
I don’t think the programme stitched up Miles. He stitched up himself by agreeing to deliver the chalice. Why the group aren’t going back to the murder of Megan when she was in the dungeon with Paul and already had a target on her back I don’t know.

Agree with your last point.

Disagree that an attempt to recruit would result in murder, but agree that probably better for Harry if they remain a duo. Jaz needs to strike at Paul sooner rather than later, but his position may have been weakened by going after Andrew and not Miles.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I don’t think the programme stitched up Miles. He stitched up himself by agreeing to deliver the chalice. Why the group aren’t going back to the murder of Megan when she was in the dungeon with Paul and already had a target on her back I don’t know.

Agree with your last point.

Disagree that an attempt to recruit would result in murder, but agree that probably better for Harry if they remain a duo. Jaz needs to strike at Paul sooner rather than later, but his position may have been weakened by going after Andrew and not Miles.
Jaz may have fluffed it badly last night. Not only did he vote for Andrew (against the collective wisdom), but he made that very public, adamant call that Miles wasn't a Traitor. He keeps putting Paul's name out there but not doing anything about it, eventually someone is going to decide that's "traitor behaviour" and go for him.

I do wonder if Paul's going to survive purely because Jaz has never felt he's got the numbers to get him banished, despite all the mounting evidence. How many of the remaining Faithful's suspect, and how many are convinced he's not? Zack and Jaz have both been looking at Paul but not game to go after him properly ... have they now missed the boat (even with Paul overacting it)?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I've heard Australian season 2 is the worst of them all but that's not available over here yet.
Would be disappointing if they've managed to spoil season 2 after season 1 was such a success. But then, if the cast they picked turned out to be rubbish there's only so much you can do with scripting and editing. They had such a great cast for season 1, replicating that wouldn't be easy.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Only those left standing will get the prize money. If there is only one traitor, then they get everything. Faithfuls will share it, if no traitors left.
it‘s in a traitors interest to stab the fellow traitors in the back.
But is it in their best interest? Once it's down to about 10 contestants, if the traitors all agree on one person to banish, they can pretty much ensure that they have it won. Of course, they'd have to share the pot but if I were in their position, I'd happily accept £35k or £55k rather than take the risk of going home with nothing. It seems like a no brainer to me.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
What a series I am loving it. Harry is playing an excellent game and has Paul round his little finger now. I'll go against the grain and say I have enjoyed Paul's cartoonish performance, the perfect pantomime villain. I do however think Paul could be next to go which will then really put the faithful on the back foot as they have no idea Harry is a traitor.

As for the decision last night I would have either murdered Jaz or recruited Zack, although there are merits in Ross and Andrew being selected also.

#TeamHarry

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bit suspect when Dianne drinking out the silver cup with cameras in her face flicking back to her and Miles.

Would be smelling a rat instantly

Actually think the girl with the disabled hand is the best looking

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gloriously camp telly last night. Addictive watching.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Been watching a few bits of this to see what all the fuss is about.

It seems a good idea and quite interesting/entertaining, but also very contrived, to the extent I don’t believe it’s genuine. Anyone else get the same 'feeling'?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Been watching a few bits of this to see what all the fuss is about.

It seems a good idea and quite interesting/entertaining, but also very contrived, to the extent I don’t believe it’s genuine. Anyone else get the same 'feeling'?
Nope. The editing is selective to create the producers narrative but honestly this is a great study in how people respond to these stressful situations in which suspicion and paranoia reign.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What a series I am loving it. Harry is playing an excellent game and has Paul round his little finger now. I'll go against the grain and say I have enjoyed Paul's cartoonish performance, the perfect pantomime villain. I do however think Paul could be next to go which will then really put the faithful on the back foot as they have no idea Harry is a traitor.

As for the decision last night I would have either murdered Jaz or recruited Zack, although there are merits in Ross and Andrew being selected also.

#TeamHarry
As much as I understand why Paul has annoyed people, the show will be poorer if he goes soon.

Harry, Jaz, Evie, Charlotte etc all seem like decent people you'd be fairly happy to see win, it's a much more boring show if it ends up just being them.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I do think Paul has perhaps shot his load by going overboard with his reactions last night. He's still got a significant amount of eyes on him

Miles needed to shift focus away from it being a drink based killing. They all just (rightly) got focused on that. He needed to get people believing that it could have been a handshake, a kiss or literally anything else other than "HI DIANE DO YOU WANT THIS DRINK FROM THIS VERY PARTICULAR CUP?".

I've got a feeling that the person they've tried to recruit is going to turn it down

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
As much as I understand why Paul has annoyed people, the show will be poorer if he goes soon.

Harry, Jaz, Evie, Charlotte etc all seem like decent people you'd be fairly happy to see win, it's a much more boring show if it ends up just being them.
I tend to agree with you, but I think it would be interesting to see how the faithful react to having got rid of a more obvious traitor and then they will have to more or less start again. If for instance harry and Zack teamed up they could stitch up Ross and Andrew fairly easily and maybe sow seeds of doubt elsewhere. It could be very intriguing indeed. If Paul does stay then that would also be hilarious.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don’t think the programme stitched up Miles. He stitched up himself by agreeing to deliver the chalice.
Last season it was a kiss, and they were dead. This season, instead of dying they get to live for a day, and also get told they had been poisoned. Totally unfair.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Nope. The editing is selective to create the producers narrative but honestly this is a great study in how people respond to these stressful situations in which suspicion and paranoia reign.
OK I guess it is the editing then as it does feel to me as though some scenes are setup or almost scripted.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I do think Paul has perhaps shot his load by going overboard with his reactions last night. He's still got a significant amount of eyes on him

Miles needed to shift focus away from it being a drink based killing. They all just (rightly) got focused on that. He needed to get people believing that it could have been a handshake, a kiss or literally anything else other than "HI DIANE DO YOU WANT THIS DRINK FROM THIS VERY PARTICULAR CUP?".

I've got a feeling that the person they've tried to recruit is going to turn it down
If I was asked to be recruited, I would say yes for fear of being murdered.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Last season it was a kiss, and they were dead. This season, instead of dying they get to live for a day, and also get told they had been poisoned. Totally unfair.
We know with this show you can't go on precedent though.

No one made Miles give her the drink. He volunteered for a very risky task and came undone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports