Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The trains!

mile oak

May 21, 2023
I’ve been trying to get back to Worthing from London - latest one is a child / children in the Patching tunnel. £60 taxi from Hassocks 🙄 delay repay will cover half of that as would be at least over 2 hours late
But you cant claim using claim replay with match travel can you, if so how?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Walked from Falmer to Brighton Station and arrived home in Worthing about 15 minutes ago. I think I will get a Seagulls travel season ticket, a shame because it is nice to have a beer before or after the game in Brighton. I just can't be doing with it any more, there just always seems to be a problem one way or another. I think I could have driven to Villa and back more speedily had we been away today.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
My friend was at the Ipswich game at Portman Road and I only marginally got home first.

Walked to The Highway, and watched what felt like hundreds of full buses sailing past. Eventually got on one, which crawled back to town.

How are people planning to get to the Amex on the 26th and 2nd, out of interest?

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Got back to Angmering Station at 20.50 PM.
I've got back home earlier than that from an away game at Shrewsbury.
Utter shambles

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
What a saga! Decided to stay at the Amex for a couple of drinks to let the train queues subside…

Ended up walking as far as Wild Park to try to get a bus. Gave up and got an Uber for £20 to Brighton station. Got to Brighton to find an absolutely rammed concourse and no trains running north. So got a train back through Falmer to Lewes, waited there for 40 mins for a train to Haywards Heath.

Now on the Thameslink northbound, standing room only and won’t get home til 11.30.

But at least we won!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
4 hours to took and now finally back in south London. Immensely frustrating for thousands. Appreciate it was a difficult evening for Southern but the communication was risibly poor.
This is the key, shit happens but there’s no excuse for poor communication, either on stations or on trains.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I live in London and have literally just got home at 10pm. Left precisely on the final whistle.

I know there were some extenuating circumstances, but what I can't forgive is when the first train finally left Brighton (absolutely heaving to an almost dangerous degree) at about 7.30pm, in their infinite wisdom they decided to terminate it at Gatwick!

So all the people from a completely packed train then had to go up and down stairs to another platform and then wait for a train which already had people on it. Why on earth would they inflict this on passengers who'd already endured an awful journey?

Absolute twats.

Last edited:

mile oak

May 21, 2023
The only silver lining is that we already know there are no trains at all for the next two home games. Actually that will be easier than when there are no trains but you’re either expecting one or stuck on one with no AC. I’ve got my plans laid for those games now thanks to today.

If any physical harm came to anyone on the trapped trains the trespassers should be sought out and prosecuted for the most serious “harm to others” charge that can stick.
Is that true? Think might have trains on London to Brighton line. Its so awful imay end uphaving paid to watch in the stadium but then pay to watch on Sky. My sincerest empathy to all affected by the over reliance on trains and thedreadful circumstances reported throughout this thread.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I dread to think what might happen on Europa nights if this kind of thing happens, a bunch of pissed off Galatasaray fans are going to smash the place up

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
parked at the uni today and drove away after taking time to get out of the ground. Drove past the bus stop outside the station on the a27 and hundreds of luton fans were waiting for the bus!

god knows how long they would have waited

i was home by 5:50. easily best journey home I have had.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
I dread to think what might happen on Europa nights if this kind of thing happens, a bunch of pissed off Galatasaray fans are going to smash the place up
I wouldn't dismiss any fans causing absolute chaos if there is repeated train trouble, regardless of what the cause is and however much the railways are at fault or not; people have had enough. Travelling to matches especially post match has become imhumane. Not sure what the overall answer is as we're all snookered by over-reliance on a stadium built dependant on rail transport. The worrying thing is: 1. More strikes, 2.Fans will riot Im convinced you'll see a train trashed before long and/or a railway worker attacked, 3. The club have done all they can/are prepared/can afford to in offsetting the transport issues.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Now stuck at Luton station cos the train in front of us has hit a deer. This is in danger of becoming a farcical journey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here