Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The top three

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Not really. As the starter of that thread the grievance was that they weren't taking us seriously. As time has gone on we've held our ground and proven ourselves as contenders, and are now being seen that way by the majority of their fanbase.

There was a heck of a lot of arrogance shown by them back then, but over time they have started to give us kudos for our achievement.

Fair enough I say.

Yes, I'll buy that. Guess my issue that NSC opinion is apt to blow with the wind. Boro were arrogant so we hated them; now we hate Burnley because their manager is a gobshite and they have a midfielder who is a cheating ******* as well as a gobshite so Boro must be OK because they are the other one in this triangle that will end with one disappointment (yes, I do disregard Hull now, 2 wins from last 10 doesn't suggest to me they will feature in auto run off). Wouldn't it be nice if the gobshites were left in the POs?

I cant be arsed to go back two seasons on NSC, but my guess is that there was some favourable NSC comment after the final game that "fair play to Burnley, they went to Reading with nothing to play for, yet were very competive in a 2-2 draw". Now they are the enfants terrible

I hope that there is mutual back slapping on 7 May as we play out a game that decides who gets the trophy and who merely gets a Premiership place but it may be different, we may be back at sticking pins in effigies of Karanka for some horrendous act. There is nowt so fickle as NSC opinion, as the wise man from up North once said.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
From a Burnley fan's perspective we got away with it today - we do rely on the opposition not taking their chances, whilst Barnes missed a sitter had Woods been half decent I think it would have been a draw.

Gray looks tired and needs a break, Vokes picked up a knock as well. One of our strengths (team play through consistent selection) is starting to bite a little. I would have liked to have seen a couple of changes. We are playing poorly and getting points which I know is a good sign but I expect to see some changes to freshen players up a little.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here