Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The tinker man mark 2

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Glen Murray said we had made 130 changes to the starting line up, surely this has not helped ? The players are no fresher and it has not helped injuries. Don’t know if anyone can do the stats, how many changes have been enforced ? are there any stats on stable team v league position ?

if RDZ stays , I hope we play. A more settled team next year.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
so no discussion as to if this could affect our form ? I thought that a football forum was for discussing stuff like .. er .. football

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I guess it depends on whether you think injuries were a significant contributing factor to the number of selection changes made or not.

I'm in the "cause: injuries; effect: lots of changes" camp.
RDZ has been making significant changes since the first Premier League fixture. The over-riding feeling on NSC at the time seemed to be that teams like Villa and Newcastle (who seemed to select pretty much the same XI all the time) would pay later in the season, whereas RDZ's policy would see us reap the long-term benefits.

That went well then...

(I'm not saying RDZ was right or wrong, but he has definitely been chopping and changing from day one this season).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
RDZ has been making significant changes since the first Premier League fixture. The over-riding feeling on NSC at the time seemed to be that teams like Villa and Newcastle (who seemed to select pretty much the same XI all the time) would pay later in the season, whereas RDZ's policy would see us reap the long-term benefits.

That went well then...

(I'm not saying RDZ was right or wrong, but he has definitely been chopping and changing from day one this season).

I was going to add that I do recall we made quite a few changes at the beginning of the season, presumably as a ploy to manage minutes ahead of what we knew was going to be an intensive first half of the season with the six Europa League fixtures.

What we don't know is if we somehow scuppered ourselves, causing some of the numerous injuries we've seen, or we've simply just been bloody unlucky.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I was going to add that I do recall we made quite a few changes at the beginning of the season, presumably as a ploy to manage minutes ahead of what we knew was going to be an intensive first half of the season with the six Europa League fixtures.

What we don't know is if we somehow scuppered ourselves, causing some of the numerous injuries we've seen, or we've simply just been bloody unlucky.
Indeed.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I don’t have the numbers but even if you take out injury enforced changes I think we are “top of the league “ for changes. It can’t help players, constantly adjusting to playing with players with different skill sets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here