Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The times they are changing.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had a chat with a kid (Brazilian, lives in Florida) in the Domincan Republic whilst on holiday recently...knew all about us, the Amex etc (recognised my lad's shirt). Only slight issue was they kept calling him 'Donatello' in the match they were playing :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Speaking to friends recently,we asked if their man utd supporting son was still into them,no was the reply he gets teased too much at school for not supporting Brighton???
Not good for the individual but a massive shift in views.

Kids are little gits like that though. They'll be teasing kids with non-Nike Albion shirts next term.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It does help, I guess, that the club gives every Young Seagulls member a shirt on their 7th birthday.

I thought this perk might withdrawn after the arrival at the Amex, given that there are so many 'new' young fans, but it appears not.

Barber bashers must also be expecting it too, as it is a waste of a potential revenue-making scheme. :moo:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
When i was at school in Worthing mid eighties to early 90's it was all Liverpool and Everton fans a few Man U and some Westham, Tottenham Chelsea. There was me and 1 other lad who supported Brighton and we used to get some stick for it glad i stuck with it as i occasionly see some thes guys now and they "support " Brighton, absolute b3llends. This probably contributes to my hatred of everything Liverpool Fc these days.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
When i was at school in Worthing mid eighties to early 90's it was all Liverpool and Everton fans a few Man U and some Westham, Tottenham Chelsea. There was me and 1 other lad who supported Brighton and we used to get some stick for it glad i stuck with it as i occasionly see some thes guys now and they "support " Brighton, absolute b3llends. This probably contributes to my hatred of everything Liverpool Fc these days.

Yep plenty of ****tards around like that still always makes me sick with anger to see these prats waxing lyrical about their chosen prem club, although having no connection with the area or family ties always causes a pause in conversation when you ask why.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
When I was at school, pre abacus, all the kids were supporting Liverpool, as they were winning most things.
A couple of us supported Brighton.
Now my nephew supports Brighton, even with a grandad who supports Man Utd.
Its a fashion thing in footballing terms.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here